FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Actually you *CAN*incorporate an idle air valve into a carburetor, including the 2100. Look clodely and tell me what do you see hanging off the back of this bad boy (I'll give you a hint -- it's an idle air valve): http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKiQ...VoSYQ~~_12.JPG.

    That's a 2350 BTW -- later rendition of the same carb I use.

    You're trolling in my sandbox now, homeboy....

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Last edited by content22207; 06-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.

  2. #52
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Not trolling. So why aren't you advocating the use of CIS? I do see how one could be incorporated into a carburetor, but it'd be a "wet" system and the valve would need to be able to stand up to fuel in the air it's passing.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Um, this is just a guess in the dark: because I don't want to?

    Owners are free to do with their cars whatever they want. If an owner wants to install an electronically controlled carburetor, that's his or her business, and his or her business alone. Neither my opinion, nor your opinion, nor anyone else's opinion has any bearing on the decision.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  4. #54
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    electronically controlled carburetor
    Ber?

    I'm talking about constant idle control, the carburetor part would remain resolutely "dumb"
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Bullshit. Please read up on electronically controlled carburetors, such as the ThermoQuad and Ford VV, before posting.

    Curious isn't it that Sean kicks me out of EFI threads, yet lets Martin troll away in the carburetor threads.... (Oops -- probably just got my myself temporarily banned from the new website for that one).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  6. #56
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Bullshit. Please read up on electronically controlled carburetors, such as the ThermoQuad and Ford VV, before posting.
    I'm trying to establish why the CIS can't be employed on the DeLorean running a carburetor. it'd be an improvement. I'm not trolling, I'm asking questions. You seem intent of avoiding answering. Any CIS system controls air flow bypassing the throttle. The throttle is downstream of the venturi ipso facto is would need to be a "wet" system in a carburetor. FI meters air flow pre-throttle and injects it downstream of the throttle solving this problem.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    I make what I make. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  8. #58
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    So it can't be used then?
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    No, I simply choose not to.

    If you want to adapt a 2350 to the stock CIS ECU, knock yourself out. I've got my hands full just making what I already make.

    I offer a conversion that more or less transforms a DeLorean PRV into a 1979 Mustang V6.

    The reason these carb conversions work so well is because I stick to a vetted design. Now that the manifolds are welded up on a jig, positive results are virtually guaranteed on the very first key turn. Nevertheless, I test drive each conversion extensively on my own car before signing off on it.

    The other advantage of sticking to a standardized design is that every conversion increases a common knowledge base.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    While I'm taking an A/C break, since no one seems interested in reviving the old DMCTalk archives:
    AMC2100Manual1.jpg AMC2100Manual2.jpg AMC2100Manual3.jpg AMC2100Manual4.jpg AMC2100Manual5.jpg AMC2100Manual6.jpg AMC2100Manual7.jpg AMC2100Manual8.jpg

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •