FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #161
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I'm really liking that paint I mentioned before. VHT Engine Enamel in Gold Flake and Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Gloss Clear with Ceramic. Also for aluminum stuff I am using Dupli-Color Engine Enamel with Ceramic in DE1650 Cast Coat Aluminum.

    You can see in the picture I painted the throttle linkage with the clear so it looks like bare metal but will not get tarnished/rusty.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    That's a bit more orange than the original which has more yellow to it. It does look pretty great though.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  2. #162
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Pimped out my work desk today. It was polyethylened Baltic Birch. I had a brushed stainless top made for it. Today I touched up the edges, put it on the desk and peeled the protective vinyl off from it. I think it looks pretty sweet. I am going to order the OEM DeLorean hood insignia to put on the corner just like the hood on the car.20220116_140529.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  3. #163
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    With all my "stuff" on it.20220116_140848.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  4. #164
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Could also be the lighting, I will send a better picture once everything is reinstalled. It's very close to the plating I received from DMC Midwest but since it's paint it's a bit more consistent than plating would look.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  5. #165
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    This doesn't look stock. I appreciate what they were trying to do but I would rather that it was not modified.20220117_175307.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  6. #166
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Could also be the lighting, I will send a better picture once everything is reinstalled. It's very close to the plating I received from DMC Midwest but since it's paint it's a bit more consistent than plating would look.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yeah it could be the lighting.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  7. #167
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    That's a bit more orange than the original which has more yellow to it. It does look pretty great though.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    When I watched the old video of the DMC plant the throttle link was actually gold too. Not sure if it was maybe just the first cars that had so much gold plated stuff or not.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  8. #168
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    This doesn't look stock. I appreciate what they were trying to do but I would rather that it was not modified.20220117_175307.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dealer procedure was to cut off the old captive nuts and replace with nuts/bolts if the upper ball joint needed to be replaced.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  9. #169
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Dealer procedure was to cut off the old captive nuts and replace with nuts/bolts if the upper ball joint needed to be replaced.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yeah do you see the bar stock welded onto it also?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  10. #170
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Yeah do you see the bar stock welded onto it also?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Oh.... Did not see that. Yeah not stock. But upper A arms are actually not really a failure point so I wonder why someone thought that was required.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •