FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 10 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I am wondering if we should clear coat some of the new parts we have that are plated. I know that the nice looking zinc coating only lasts so long. Then again this car will probably only be driven on nice sunny days so it may be overkill.
    The other thing I am trying to decide it if I send out the new part we have that are already zinc and yellow chromate dipped to be re-plated zinc and yellow dipped. I have seen pictures of how the parts come out when you have them replated and it is usually a very bright gold color. It would be nice to have ALL of the zinc/yellow chromate parts on the car matching.
    Here is an example. the first pic is a picture of a part I had plated locally and the next are parts that someone had replated and DMW. (Actually I got the pics backwards)
    The 3rd picture is a part with what I'd call "factory plating" which is how the parts I have order from vendors look. The last picture is a new part next to a part I replated.




    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 03-17-2023 at 09:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •