FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 62 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #611
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    The parts we ordered from DMCH showed up today. Impressive packaging although I could see this being a problem if you didn't want the mail service people to know that you have a Delorean.
    The parts were very well packaged and labeled.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #612
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    This is one part that isn't worth trying to fix up. Unfortunately I didn't know that until I saw it on the DMCH website so my wife had already spent time and effort trying to remove the rust from the original one.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #613
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    This part on the other hand,....is worth restoring. The replacement is very pricey and also it seems like it has no plating or very weak plating to keep it from rusting.
    I sealed mine off as good as I could. Blasted it in the glass bead blasting booth.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #614
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    After blasting I removed the temporary seal and blew out both sides of the diaphragm housing with compressed air.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #615
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Sprayed the part with fast evaporating degreaser, primed it, painted with cast aluminum engine paint (the closest thing to looking like zinc plated), then painted with a coat of clear coat engine paint.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #616
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    That sure changed. It looks good enough for my car. (Doesn?t look good enough for yours)

  7. #617
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    That sure changed. It looks good enough for my car. (Doesn?t look good enough for yours)
    Yeah I know right? It's kind of hidden out back once the engine is in the car.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #618
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I was told to make sure I test the vacuum actuator so I did. Seems okay.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #619
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I was looking though my pictures. Quite a transformation so far

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #620
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Got a kit of modern style connectors for Christmas.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Page 62 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •