FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 70 of 193 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #691
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    Good out come!

  2. #692
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Stevens Point,WI

    Posts:    2,546

    My VIN:    6125

    Glad you finally got that one hole on the trans case figured taken care of. I've had similar experiences on other projects where there always seems to be something that fights you extra hard the entire way. Way to keep at it!

    and that was nice of Rob to hook you up with a new gasket too.

  3. #693
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Glad you finally got that one hole on the trans case figured taken care of. I've had similar experiences on other projects where there always seems to be something that fights you extra hard the entire way. Way to keep at it!

    and that was nice of Rob to hook you up with a new gasket too.
    Thanks Mark.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #694
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    More parts showed up today.
    A pulley end crank seal and a special bolt and spacer from D-Ind. These were parts that I never recived in my bulk order from D-Ind way back when. I also received the transmission selector shaft and o-ring from Delorean EU.
    I am hoping that this is the NOS seal and not just one of the new ones that doesn't fit right. If it is we will just put something on the OD to make it lock in place.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #695
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    More parts showed up today.
    A pulley end crank seal and a special bolt and spacer from D-Ind. These were parts that I never recived in my bulk order from D-Ind way back when. I also received the transmission selector shaft and o-ring from Delorean EU.
    I am hoping that this is the NOS seal and not just one of the new ones that doesn't fit right. If it is we will just put something on the OD to make it lock in place.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    I wonder if some heat shrink tubing on the selector shaft would take up too much space under the seal? I have a variety pack of heat shrink tubing and I'm sure some of the larger pieces would fit over the shaft.
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  6. #696
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I wonder if some heat shrink tubing on the selector shaft would take up too much space under the seal? I have a variety pack of heat shrink tubing and I'm sure some of the larger pieces would fit over the shaft.
    I was thinking of the same thing for the original shaft where it had the corrosion damage. Just put a sleeve of heat shrink over it. I would guess that ot would wear out though after a while.
    I was under the impression that the portion of the new seals that didn't fit right was the OD of the seal into the case. Is that not correct? Is it the ID onto the shaft that is not correct?

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #697
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I was thinking of the same thing for the original shaft where it had the corrosion damage. Just put a sleeve of heat shrink over it. I would guess that ot would wear out though after a while.
    I was under the impression that the portion of the new seals that didn't fit right was the OD of the seal into the case. Is that not correct? Is it the ID onto the shaft that is not correct?

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure. The seal I installed came from Midwest and it was fairly difficult to tap in perfectly. I don't know where the leak is.

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  8. #698
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Nothing too exciting today. More like necessary evil.
    My buddy wanted to use our vapor blaster. So he volunteered to help me service my equipment.
    He took apart the blower on the dust recovery unit for the dry blast system. It's been making some weird noises then siezed up.
    He found one of the motor bearings completely destroyed. He found one on Amazon. Later on I found the whole blower on Amazon for around $100 so I may just buy that.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #699
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    My buddy replaced the media hose on my red blasting booth which has Slag media in it. AKA Black Beauty. I cleaned out my heated enclosed pressure washer. The pump didn't sound good the other day so I figured maybe the filter was plugged. This thing was GROSS!! There was like 2" of stuff like diarrhea in the bottom up the sump. The pump filter WAS intact plugged. The hanging sock filters were a greasy mess.
    I feel like such a bad equipment owner.
    After I had it all cleaned out I filled it with new water and Simple Green Crystal Clean and tested it out. Pump sounded much better. Hopefully I didn't damage it by running it with the filter plugged.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #700
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Last but not least we tackled the vapor blaster. The water smelled like old grease and oil. The media was slimy. We drained the machine, the filter boxes, cleaned out all of the media, degreased everything, etc.
    I didn't have any new fine grit (small glass beads) for this machine but what I DID HAVE was the beat up media that i just removed from my dry blaster. It started out as 80 grit but felt really powdery now so I decided to use it in the vapor blaster.
    The windshield washer hadn't worked for several months so I fixed that.
    I showed my buddy how to test to see if you had enough media in the machine. We added some more fine media that I had then we tested it out on an old piece of brass.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Page 70 of 193 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •