FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-
05-31-2025 07:28 PM
#1461
Senior Member
-
05-31-2025 07:37 PM
#1462
Senior Member
Tam worked on removing the right front marker light while I tried to install the accumulator.
This is such a miserable job.
I installed the accumulator on the evaporator then I went to hook up the other side of the accumulator and after fighting with it for an hour I realized that I should have put the outlet pipe on the accumulator first. So I took the other fitting back apart, put the pipe on the outlet, then put the accumulator back on the evaporator.
Next I tried to put the inlet pipe onto the evaporator. I couldn't get it...not enough room.

So...I took everything apart AGAIN!
Did I mention how much this sucks?
After another hour or two of cussin and fussin I finally got all of the connections done.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Last edited by SupercoolBill; 05-31-2025 at 07:40 PM.
-
05-31-2025 07:49 PM
#1463
Senior Member
-
05-31-2025 08:14 PM
#1464
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
SupercoolBill
Before leaving for the day I wanted to put the AC system under pressure. Tam said "Why are the numbers going down?" "Shouldn't they stop?"
I said "Yup we got a leak"
I started looking around and could hear nitrogen leaking out.
I found the leak. It was on the factory weld on the 90 deg fitting coming out of the accumulator.





Of course this is the line that has to be hooked up first.
I said I am done!! Shut off the lights and we went home.
Here's a video of the leak-
https://youtube.com/shorts/bayPoGNK5...lzhxWSATKgqc8C
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Those welds in your photos look like they did them with MIG. The splatter gives it away. TIG has no spatter.
-
05-31-2025 08:25 PM
#1465
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
Bitsyncmaster
Those welds in your photos look like they did them with MIG. The splatter gives it away. TIG has no spatter.
Probably robotic welded. Not sure though. Lines came from D-Ind but they don't make the fittings.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
06-02-2025 08:17 AM
#1466
Senior Member
I just revisited my post on the Delorean technical group on FB. Someone on there had said 6oz total.

I did a search and found past discussions where people said 8-10 oz. for a dry system. So I am going to stick with the 9oz. for now.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
06-02-2025 08:23 AM
#1467
Senior Member
I was just looking on the D-Ind website to see what the tool looked like for crimping the fittings on.
While looking I noticed the connections at the compressor are different than mine. These make way more sense than how mine are made. On mine the access ports are facing straight down. I'll have to ask Josh when they changed the design.


Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
06-02-2025 08:10 PM
#1468
The hoses that D-Ind uses for the AC system are Eaton EZ-Clip system.
other names used are Aeroquip or Danfoss.
other brands exist too that make these type of connectors (clones) like Truck Ac and Fourseasons (usually a bit cheaper in cost).
Everything is available from regular suppliers as parts, like the ends, raw hose and special crimper. the only part not available is one of the elbows at the accumulator, that seems to be custom made by D-Ind. as the fitting sizes and the radius needed to clear the frame is custom.
here is the crimper for example.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...iABEgIoWPD_BwE
-
06-02-2025 08:49 PM
#1469
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
mark w
The hoses that D-Ind uses for the AC system are Eaton EZ-Clip system.
other names used are Aeroquip or Danfoss.
other brands exist too that make these type of connectors (clones) like Truck Ac and Fourseasons (usually a bit cheaper in cost).
Everything is available from regular suppliers as parts, like the ends, raw hose and special crimper. the only part not available is one of the elbows at the accumulator, that seems to be custom made by D-Ind. as the fitting sizes and the radius needed to clear the frame is custom.
here is the crimper for example.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...iABEgIoWPD_BwE
Of course....that's the fitting I need.
I think i can just use my PEX crimp tool.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
06-03-2025 01:00 PM
#1470
I would really like to replace every part of my AC system, but everything I read about it here makes it sound like I should wait till it doesn?t work at all. (Mine is kind of weak)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules