FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1491
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2015

    Posts:    224

    My VIN:    5848

    Glad to see you are back on the forum and I am looking forward to following your progress. I have missed your postings.

    I hope all is well now with you, Tam and the pup's.

  2. #1492
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I suppose the right way to do it was make the list before taking a break from the project. But who has time for that? And of course, nobody is going to take a long enough break to forget where we were. Good to see you haven?t givin up. It is getting close.
    I had a list but as I got looking at it it needed to be updated.
    I guess that's the curse of every unfinished project, basket case motorcycle deal, etc. The original guy had no intentions of stopping the daily or weekly progress on said project but alas something caused him (or her) to not make it back until enough time had past that he couldn't remember where he left off or even worse in some situations, parts and pieces were displaced or damaged by the perils of time.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  3. #1493
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    Glad to see you are back on the forum and I am looking forward to following your progress. I have missed your postings.

    I hope all is well now with you, Tam and the pup's.
    Yeah things are good. Good days and bad days with the P.D. I stepped up my exercising, physical therapy two times a week, eating healthy...most of the time, and mindfulness to reduce stress has allowed me to stop taking the medication for now.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  4. #1494
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2016

    Location:  NY

    Posts:    19

    My VIN:    10921

    ?Glad to see that you are able to get back onto your project!

    Good luck in getting it completed so that you can get it out and enjoy driving it!

  5. #1495
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    After a 5 month hiatus we finally worked on the car tonight after work from 4-8.
    I started by trying to replace the leaky 90 degree fitting on the AC accumulator. I was planning on having to take everything a bunch of stuff apart in order to get the fitting off but luckily I was able to wrestle it out of there.

    I didn't understand how the clips worked so I ended up cutting them with a Demel.


    That was the easy part. The hard part was getting the fitting to come out if the flex line. It was stuck in there good! After much pulling, twisting, bending I was able to finally get it removed.
    The old one with the pinhole leak next to the new one.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  6. #1496
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I slid the new fitting on and installed the bands with the special tool Josh had sent us.

    I installed the fitting onto the accumulator. This was a lot more difficult than removing it was.
    Then I installed the band with a new black metric bolt and lock washer.

    While I was doing all of this Tam hooked the heater hoses up to the new heater core and finished tightening the steering shaft bolts.
    We checked the clutch master. No more leaking niiiiiice.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  7. #1497
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I pressurized the AC system to around 200# and it seemed to be holding okay so I decided to triple evacuate the system. Good chance to use one of the new vacuum pumps i recently bought for work.





    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  8. #1498
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    While the vacuum pump was running I installed the HVAC blower. But first I took a break to play with the dogs.


    I had replaced a crusty spade connector but the new connector didn't agree with the male spade on the motor.

    I found a special plug on connector that I must have ordered. I decided to crimp that onto a short piece of wire then put a male spade on the end of that wire.

    We crossed some things off our list and checked on the vacuum. After three evac/nitrogen cycles it wasn't dropping down like it should. So we may have a small leak. I left it on a nitrogen pressure test and called it a night.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  9. #1499
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    That?s cool having a micron gauge right on your charging set. I?ve found that micron gauges are so accurate that often you will find the hoses and connections are to blame for your leak.

  10. #1500
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    That?s cool having a micron gauge right on your charging set. I?ve found that micron gauges are so accurate that often you will find the hoses and connections are to blame for your leak.
    Yeah I actually prefer the old flare access fittings over the newer clip on access ports. I'm old school.
    The best way to do it is to pull the schrader cores, use oversized hoses and put the micron gage on the system but that is overkill for something like this.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •