FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 155 of 193 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1541
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    My car has a stiffener on the louvers. I?m not sure if it?s home made or not. It works OK, but it hits the wire handle on the plug on the fuel distribution. Does anybody else have that issue? I guess I need to shorten the handle.
    Good to know. I'll watch out for that

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  2. #1542
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    We worked on the car from 11-6 today.

    I got out the parts and pieces for the engine cover. I was disappointed that the U-bolt I bought wasn't plated steel. It is already rusted.


    I decided to just use my original U-bolt that I had previously put heat shrink onto.

    Once I get everything lined up where it needs to be I'll take some black paint and a small paint brush and paint the exposed parts of the U-bolt.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 11-15-2025 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #1543
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I installed the new bump stops.

    The guy I bought my vent adapter said I would need to cut a slot for rear radio support strap. So I chopped it out.


    One complaint I have is the piece was kind of hollow so when I chopped that part out it left a void on both sides. Should still work fine though.


    While I was working on this stuff Tammie was modifying each individual plastic clip that holds the plastic rocker on so they they actually lock onto the rockers.

    I removed the rocker that I had previously installed so Tam could fix the clips. This was a good chance to test the removal of my push pins.
    They worked great.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  4. #1544
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    One thing I had never noticed before. There is no bolt in this rivnut.
    I figured out why. If you line up the hole with the rivnut the plate is misaligned.

    So I just ended up leaving it. I figure its been like this since 1982 so...

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 11-15-2025 at 08:21 PM.

  5. #1545
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    After all this time I finally opened my rebuilt stereo system that Eric Woltkamp did up for me.
    Very impressive packaging and even professional looking instructions.




    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  6. #1546
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I had to transfer the noise suppressor to the rebuilt stereo.

    I installed the stereo into the console.

    I installed this cover plate in the car with some self tapping screws rather than trying to get it to seal some other way.


    Tam worked on the engine cover installing the vents and the stickers.

    She got really mad because the stickers didn't go on perfectly straight. I told her that was fine because it looks more original that way.



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  7. #1547
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I worked on the rear facia before heading home. I installed the splay nuts for the taillights and license plate bezel.




    I didn't include any pictures of it but I tried installing the center console, radio, HVAC controls. I just couldn't do it. It was too stressful, I was in a lot of pain, it was too confusing, to hard to hold the panel while trying to get all these wires where they are supposed to be etc.
    This is something I will have to do earlier in the day, have someone help me with, or have someone else do unfortunately.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  8. #1548
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    One frustrating thing that happens during a restoration is all of the pieces that just seem to vanish. Some times they are rediscovered after you've already purchased a replacement part. Right now we are missing the little aluminum plate that is riveted to the back of the rear louver. I know that I removed it before having the louver painted but I don't know where it is now.
    Luckily it is easily replicated or can be purchased for $28.

    While on D-go's site I found that they have the U-bolt in plated steel AND they now sell a washer fluid bottle cover that is much improved over the original design!



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  9. #1549
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,604

    My VIN:    03572

    I made mine out of stainless, but remember a real PIA to do. I put shrink on it thinking it would stop a vibration but made no difference.
    Attached Images
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  10. #1550
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I made mine out of stainless, but remember a real PIA to do. I put shrink on it thinking it would stop a vibration but made no difference.
    If you made it from SS, why the shrink wrap?

Page 155 of 193 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •