FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 167 of 193 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1661
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    More parts. If I am being totally honest I am kind of going to miss this.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  2. #1662
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I quickly threw this together yesterday. This is so I can run the car inside without killing us hopefully haha. 2" Electrical fittings and flex.
    I kind of goofed on one thing. The exhaust on the car is around 3' apart so I made my holes 3' apart. The problem is I will be attaching these to the muffler not the tailpipes so the connections point straight put away from the car. I should have made the holes further apart. It will still work though.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  3. #1663
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Tam decided that she wanted to pull the trigger on all new gray carpeting with backer. Another one of those "While you're in there" things. Our carpet wasn't that bad and it cleaned up pretty well but might as well. Not cheap though at $1200.00

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  4. #1664
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    1,096

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Tam decided that she wanted to pull the trigger on all new gray carpeting with backer. Another one of those "While you're in there" things. Our carpet wasn't that bad and it cleaned up pretty well but might as well. Not cheap though at $1200.00
    It's worth it. A friend got it and it is fantastic - I would do it in a second if my original carpet wasn't in mint condition. Bonus is not more old carpet smell.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

  5. #1665
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    It's worth it. A friend got it and it is fantastic - I would do it in a second if my original carpet wasn't in mint condition. Bonus is not more old carpet smell.
    Yeah I think odor was a factor. Women smell everything. I always say "If Tammie is in the office and a mouse farts in the warehouse, she smells it."

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  6. #1666
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2022

    Posts:    146

    My VIN:    7012

    I don't want to be negative, but in the interest of providing one person's data point:

    I would not go with the mass backing carpet if I were to do this again. In the passenger footwell area, it feels great. However, where it folds over the wood, and goes into the lockable compartment, and other areas of tight bends and folds, it does not seem to have the flexibility to sit like the original thin carpet.

    I will also say that the carpet replacement did not remove the smell from the car. (That said, I had this done by a shop and if there is some foam material between the carpet and fiberglass tub, I am pretty sure that was not replaced). On this topic of smells, for my time machine conversion, I also removed all of the foam from the parcel shelf. The smell is still there, despite wholly new carpet and that parcel shelf foam being gone.

    When I removed the passenger seat and stored it in my basement for a few months, I distinctly smelled the "DeLorean smell" when walking by the seat. I can't say that the seats are the only source of the smell, but they are certainly *A* source. And I don't think you will rid yourself of the smell as long as you have original seats in there.

  7. #1667
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I sold a heavy duty bumper and a winch yesterday. I am going to use the money to buy a used Wolfshead wheel off from a member of the forum.
    My wife reminded me the other day of how much we were spending on medication and physical therapy twice a week every week (we don't have health insurance) and with a future that probably involves me not being able to work at some point we need to start thinking about not blowing so much money on frivolous things....like carpeting lol.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  8. #1668
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    I don't want to be negative, but in the interest of providing one person's data point:

    I would not go with the mass backing carpet if I were to do this again. In the passenger footwell area, it feels great. However, where it folds over the wood, and goes into the lockable compartment, and other areas of tight bends and folds, it does not seem to have the flexibility to sit like the original thin carpet.

    I will also say that the carpet replacement did not remove the smell from the car. (That said, I had this done by a shop and if there is some foam material between the carpet and fiberglass tub, I am pretty sure that was not replaced). On this topic of smells, for my time machine conversion, I also removed all of the foam from the parcel shelf. The smell is still there, despite wholly new carpet and that parcel shelf foam being gone.

    When I removed the passenger seat and stored it in my basement for a few months, I distinctly smelled the "DeLorean smell" when walking by the seat. I can't say that the seats are the only source of the smell, but they are certainly *A* source. And I don't think you will rid yourself of the smell as long as you have original seats in there.
    Interesting. Well I wish I would have known this before ordering "The better" carpeting. It seems like a waste of money but could the backer be removed in some of these areas?
    I thought that it just meant that it had the stock cushioning and the cheaper option was just carpet with no backing at all.
    Smell...yeah seats, carpets, dark corners with rodent poop, HVAC system, parcel rubber/foam thingy, sound deadener pads in the pontoons, headliner, rubber e-brake handle..... everything will be new or rebuilt in our except the seat foam. Wonder if something could be sprayed on it? Or dip them in a 50 gallon barrel of cleaner?


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  9. #1669
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Worked on the car from 5-7 tonight.
    I really wanted to get the car down onto the tires. So we went through the process of lowering the car back down.

    Tam hiding from the camera

    Back on its tires. Fire extinguisher ready if needed.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 01-07-2026 at 08:58 PM.

  10. #1670
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Started the car and drove it (in the shop) for the first time in 25 years.
    Moving the car into position.

    My special Delorean board



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Page 167 of 193 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •