FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 175 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1741
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I bead blasted some roof box parts and front cowl screws and painted them semi-gloss black with SEM Trim paint.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  2. #1742
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Video of door after installing D-go lift struts. 57 degrees in the shop at time of testing.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/JPk4V5tnI...4oPqPhAnFviTK-



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  3. #1743
    DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Norfolk, U.K.

    Posts:    106

    My VIN:    1764

    Club(s):   (DCH)

    Just note you have the struts on upside down, which will make a significant difference to the dampening action. Struts - whichever ones you use - must always be installed with the fattest part uppermost, otherwise you will lose most of the dampening action and lubrication.

  4. #1744
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGo Arran View Post
    Just note you have the struts on upside down, which will make a significant difference to the dampening action. Struts - whichever ones you use - must always be installed with the fattest part uppermost, otherwise you will lose most of the dampening action and lubrication.
    Ahhh....well that may make a difference. Duh I know better than that. I will switch them around.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 02-24-2026 at 05:41 AM.

  5. #1745
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I went back and looked at my pictures with the D-Ind struts mounted and I had them on correctly.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  6. #1746
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,540

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGo Arran View Post
    Just note you have the struts on upside down, which will make a significant difference to the dampening action. Struts - whichever ones you use - must always be installed with the fattest part uppermost, otherwise you will lose most of the dampening action and lubrication.
    Interesting, I need to check if mine are right. I changed them all years ago.

  7. #1747
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I worked on the car after work for a few hours. One of the few times I have worked on it without Tam. She's fighting a cold.
    I worked on the roofbox tonight.
    Found some sweet metric black screws at the hardware store earlier today.


    Removed the torsion rod on the right side. I am getting pretty comfortable with this. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.


    The rod looks like someone spray painted the rod with silver paint. I have heard that the torsion rods at stainless so I am not really sure why DMC or a previous owner would paint it so I removed the paint and any crud with scotchbrite. Hopefully that's an okay thing to do.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  8. #1748
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I removed the torsion rod so I could assess and pull out this rubber boot that the wires run it. I didn't like how it was shaped. I fed the wires out through the roof box.



    I found that the top side of the rubber piece is torn.
    Anyone know where I can get one of these? I am pretty sure they are NLA.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  9. #1749
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I tried doing the same on the left side but I couldn't get the torsion rod to come out of the hinge. Anyone know a trick for this?




    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  10. #1750
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    While I was in there I drilled out the rivets on this side.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Page 175 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •