FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 177 of 193 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1761
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    We worked on the car for a few hours after work.
    The devil's in the details. Prepped the door hinges, sides of the roof box etc. for paint and sealing.
    This involved proving the door all the way open, closing it, opening it again.



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  2. #1762
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I put Tam to work painting the hinges, etc. I scoped out the new top door rubber seals.
    I am not sure which way this is supposed to go. The new seal has a curve to it. If align the shape of the old part with the shape of the new one the curve seems to go the opposite way.


    I took my best guess and drilled holes through the rubber.

    I glued the rubber to the plate



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  3. #1763
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Sealant applied to this plate

    Installed with some nice black screws.

    Purrrty


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  4. #1764
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    One thing I noticed that I hadn't before the end of the left and right torsion rod is made in a different shape.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  5. #1765
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    Hmmm, would the drivers door be different somehow because of more use.

  6. #1766
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Hmmm, would the drivers door be different somehow because of more use.
    I think it may be because of the rotation of the rods. They are probably not designed to rotate on the opposite direction of what they were made for at Grumman Aerospace or whatever.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  7. #1767
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I think it may be because of the rotation of the rods. They are probably not designed to rotate on the opposite direction of what they were made for at Grumman Aerospace or whatever.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Yea, that sounds right.

  8. #1768
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Needful things. This showed up today from the Netherlands today (Ed). Cost us over $60.00 U.S. but nobody else had one and ours is all discombobulated.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  9. #1769
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    1,096

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    So not doing the SS roofbox? Want to sell it?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

  10. #1770
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    So not doing the SS roofbox? Want to sell it?
    Yeah I may be interested in selling it. PM me.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Page 177 of 193 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •