We checked the electrical terminals and plugged in all of the plug connectors in the roof box.
It was tougher than I thought it would be stuffing all these wires and connectors in there.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
We checked the electrical terminals and plugged in all of the plug connectors in the roof box.
It was tougher than I thought it would be stuffing all these wires and connectors in there.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Tam dry blasted the new stainless jack plates then primed and painted them.
I just had my guys install a 800 CFM exhaust fan up near the peak in the back of the shop. I cracked the garage door and kicked on the fan. It worked like a charm. I should have done this years ago.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
The last thing we did before heading home-
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
We worked on the car for a few hours today. The double stick tape didn't work as well as I had hoped it would so I removed it.
I walked to the hardware store and bought some velcro. I installed the velcro. That seemed like a much better option.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
While I was working on that I set Tam up with the Wolfshead wheel on a drill. She tried it out on our old fender.
I looked over and she wasn't keeping the tool exactly straight the whole time. So I showed her. She did better but at each end of the motion she was slightly arching the motion so I videoed here from above and showed her. She didn't kill me...so that was good...and she did much better after that.
I checked the other trim pieces on the doors and found this piece barely holding on. I decided to take a different approach on this piece. I tried carefully peeling back the vinyl to get to the fir tree pins. Kind of a tedious process to do without messing up the foam or the vinyl but I managed to get all if the old pins out.
I cut some black foam tape for the windshield trim pieces and installed them.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
We can't seem to get the graining to come out right. Instead of Delorean grain it looks more like an appliance grain. It is kind of choppy. It doesn't just have the straight defined lines.
I took video but I can't post video on here. I noticed that the Wolfshead has a wobble to it. I spent some time troubleshooting the issue and am quite sure that it is a manufacturing defect. The ring welded onto the main part isn't true.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Posts: 1,540
Do they give you instructions with the wheel? I got some scotch bite pads from one of the suppliers for touch ups, but I haven?t really done much. Are you supposed to go over with hand pads after the wheel?
My rebuilt fuel distributor showed up finally so last night after work I installed it on the car.
It appears that DMCH puts their own number on the F.D.
While setting up my graduated cylendars I noticed that we never tighted the ground bolt on the alternator. Oops...
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
I got everything set up and did the set up, test procedure that DMCH sent me. "Adjust CO screw until all injectors are dripping roughly 2 drops per second." "Then pushed down the plate and observe spray patterns" I added to this measurement of the amount of fuel from each injector.
Two injectors were not spraying right and one not closing off correctly. Instead of drip, drip...it was spraying a small pinpoint spray at an angle (picture taking a wizz after a wild night haha).
Switched injector locations and problems followed injectors.
Injectors were all new....four years ago.
Kept pushing fuel through system and one of them seemed to correct itself. I spent an hour looking through boxes and bags of parts and finally in the last place I checked I found the old injectors that came in the car four year ago (but 20+ years old). I tried one of them. While all other injectors were doing drip, drip, drip it was spraying a very find mist like a fog. So not closing off correctly. Also the spray pattern at open throttle was not good. It looked like water out of a shower head. Tried another one. Same thing. Tried two more...same thing. So I gave up on the old injectors.
I decided it didn't have anything to lose in trying to clean the "new" injector. So I put in a vise, tapped on it a couple times, sprayed cleaner in it then blew it through with air. Sprayed penitrating fluid in it. Blasted through it again. Kind of like a sneeze for an injector.
I put it back on the car and it was much better. The more I passed gas through it the better it got.
Do these injectors sometimes "fix themselves" as you run the car, send new gas through them, etc? Or should I be replacing the injectors that were acting up? I would like to put this thing back together and move on to other things rather than buy another injector and wait for it to get here etc.
Is 62708 a good part number for the injectors? Looks like I can get one through Amazon and have it in two days.
The fuel coming out looks very yellow. Time flies...some of the gas in there is four years old now. So I need to get this car running and pass some new gas through the system or pump out the tank and put new non-eth. gas in the tank.
Ugh....time waits for no man!
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Last edited by SupercoolBill; 04-08-2026 at 10:41 AM.