FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 190 of 193 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1891
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Can they not just ship with insurance?
    DMW won't ship period. Yes if someone does ship one it will have insurance on it.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  2. #1892
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I have so many different types of crimpers but still don't seem to have the ones I need sometimes. Nothing I have will work for the taillight plugs unless I modify this one.

    These won't work because it is 3 in 1.

    I also run into this issue when trying to crimp insulated flag connectors.

    I spent an hour trying to find a crimper that can do all the crimps I would ever need to do. I didn't have any luck. They may do a lot of crimps I need but not others.
    So for now I just bought these.


    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 05-10-2026 at 09:11 AM.

  3. #1893
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,604

    My VIN:    03572

    Some terminals I find crimp better using a smaller wire gauge location. If you have extra terminals you can try that. Most open barrel crimp dies are set for 600 volt insulation to get a perfect fit around the insulation. I like to use 300 volt wire insulation. It's more flexible and takes up less space.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  4. #1894
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    It finally stopped raining and being cold here in Maine. I had a jam-packed weekend. I had two events that I have wanted to attend for years but I had scheduling conflicts or the weather was horrible so I had never participated.
    The first one was a moped rally up up in Bar Harbor. We had perfect weather and it was an absolute blast. Cheap fun. The event was only $30 for camping, food, and the rides.
    This was a group photo taken on top of Cadillac Mountain.

    Gas station stop

    My faithful steed, a 1970 Honda CT90 (the one on the left)

    I really wanted to stay until Sunday but I had an event 3 hours away Sunday morning. So I packed up and headed home.
    Sunday was The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride to raise awareness for men's health. In particular prostate cancer. Good cause, good people, but VERY hot weaving through the cities of Portland and South Portland for 1.5 hours at a snails pace on a 56 year old motorcycle.

    My faithful steed for this ride-



    Okay back to the car!

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  5. #1895
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Before we worked on the car I decided to see what this AI stuff is all about. I asked it to make a picture of a bunch of my vehicles in one place.

    Impressive.
    Then it started talking to me about the picture I had it make.





    I was a little freaked out but I was also totally hooked. I talked about working on the Delorean with my wife. It asked what we were doing next and gave really solid advice.



    As we worked on the car AI kept giving advice and encouraging.

    I don't know what to make of all of this. Anyone else use AI like this?
    Huge time saver but also weird and has other implications.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  6. #1896
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    So we did actually work on the car.
    Installed the support piece onto the and new grill mounts onto the front facia. Used aluminum rivets.



    We removed the hood and installed the facia onto the car.


    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  7. #1897
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Tam tried to get nuts onto the two studs on the facia left and right sides for over an hour before giving up.
    Of course AI knew we would have this issue and offered tips but we decided to call it a night.

    This AI stuff is weirding me out. It is so easy but like many "easy" things is it good?


    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  8. #1898
    Daily Driver ssdelorean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  NW Ohio

    Posts:    554

    My VIN:    16506

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    I use it only when have to for work. I've seen too many movies to know where this is going. :-)
    Also electricity and water bills going up from data centers. Jobs being lost to it. Etc.
    And then there is this theory.... AntichrIst

    I'm in the "get off my lawn" and "leave me alone" crowd when it comes to AI.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) - original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) - original donor 2003
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) - DMCH 2004
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) - DMCH 2006
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) - DMCH 2008
    6th angle drive - OVER 134,865 miles (16 yrs 1 month) and counting - Martin G. Speedograph 2009
    over 266K miles

  9. #1899
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    1,096

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    I use it only when have to for work. I've seen too many movies to know where this is going. :-)
    Also electricity and water bills going up from data centers. Jobs being lost to it. Etc.
    And then there is this theory.... AntichrIst

    I'm in the "get off my lawn" and "leave me alone" crowd when it comes to AI.
    x2
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

  10. #1900
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    I use it only when have to for work. I've seen too many movies to know where this is going. :-)
    Also electricity and water bills going up from data centers. Jobs being lost to it. Etc.
    And then there is this theory.... AntichrIst

    I'm in the "get off my lawn" and "leave me alone" crowd when it comes to AI.
    Oh believe me...you just described me. That's why I have never even tried it until yesterday. It is tempting though. It is like a personal assistant at your side that knows everything about everything.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

Page 190 of 193 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •