FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wiring harness portion going to fuel pump

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,861

    My VIN:    3937

    Wiring harness portion going to fuel pump

    Does anyone have a good picture or two that shows the wiring going to the fuel pump with the body off of the frame? This short cable and connector are causing me issues and I wanted to get a better look at it and maybe replace it or make it longer. Seems like a bad place to try and see what you are doing. You can only really see the last couple of inches through the access panel on top of the fuel tank. And peering in from the sides around the wheels isn't much better. I feel like I need more slack in this cable and curious if it's just too short to begin with or whether it's tangled on something or routed poorly. Thanks.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  2. #2
    LS Swapper Josh's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Location:  Illinois

    Posts:    2,514

    My VIN:    11408

    Club(s):   (ADOA)

    More than half of the time I find the main power wires to the fuel pump on the front harness side are compromised. The insulation is hard and brittle and sometimes falling off leaving the wire exposed. I just cut it back until I find the wire is pliable and patch in a new wire from there. The connector is also a major issue if using the stock style. DMCH switched over to a weatherpack connector a few years back to fix this.

    Supercharged 5.3L LS4 / Porsche 6spd 522 whp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •