FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #71
    Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2011

    Location:  Near Toronto, ON

    Posts:    1,211

    My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

    Club(s):   (DOI)

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    When's the last time you saw anything with the word Delorean stamped on it for a buck? I bought them for the same reason I bought my car, and if I have to explain that to ya, then......
    I suppose anything with "DeLorean" on its label gets me going, too. Can't blame you, although I still think its crazy (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

    Mark

  2. #72
    Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  North Bay, Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    481

    My VIN:    4692

    It's the look on a kid's face when they see the car, doors open at a car show. Those are the kids who appreciate the car; not the little brat who'll almost yank the turn signal arm off the steering column and jump on the seats.

    They're the ones who float 3" off the ground when you just offer to let them sit behind the wheel.

    And to hand them a car, still in package, as they're on their way? Priceless. It just may be the spark that'll make them an owner somewhere down the line.

    I'm somewhere over 400 cars in stock right now, mostly gathered up here. I've given out close to 300 since the beginning. I'm happy enough in my insanity.

    Oh, I almost forgot the best part: Give a kid a HW car, and the parents seem to keep from asking any dumb questions

  3. #73
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    I was in Brazil last week and I came across a couple of gold ones in a supermarket. They were short cards (in French, Spanish & English), that had been ripped off the hooks and then apparently kicked around the floor before being run over by a shopping cart (or so their condition would imply - I haven't seen ones in worse condition).

    As they were selling for about $5, I passed, but I am now having slight regrets.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    196

    Has anyone heard any new info about the 2012 Hotwheels DeLorean, I had heard about one being in a hotwheels garage assortment for a $3 or so price point.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

  5. #75
    Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Battle Creek, Mich

    Posts:    33

    My VIN:    5778

    Tim,
    This is right up my alley! If you remember, I have thousands of HotWheels in my "playroom" along with a slotcar track, HO train track, and several misc. diecasts. Someday you must see it, It is great fun!
    Ok, back on track. The car should be part of the Boulevard series, some of which are now showing at Wal-mart, although the Delorean is not listed in any of the anounced first sets. I am expecting at least a lot number to look for early spring???
    Don't worry friend, I got your back! I will let you know when I know.
    Curt

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    196

    Quote Originally Posted by propony View Post
    Tim,
    This is right up my alley! If you remember, I have thousands of HotWheels in my "playroom" along with a slotcar track, HO train track, and several misc. diecasts. Someday you must see it, It is great fun!
    Ok, back on track. The car should be part of the Boulevard series, some of which are now showing at Wal-mart, although the Delorean is not listed in any of the anounced first sets. I am expecting at least a lot number to look for early spring???
    Don't worry friend, I got your back! I will let you know when I know.
    Curt
    Thanks Curt!
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

  7. #77
    Slickness of SS SIMid's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Melbourne, Australia

    Posts:    1,380

    My VIN:    01955

    Any news of the final incarnation for the 2012 HW Delorean?

  8. #78
    Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    125

    Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Any news of the final incarnation for the 2012 HW Delorean?
    It is supposed to be released in the "Spring", which usually means around March. This is basically the same at the 2010 New model, but with some 'upgrades':

    The good

    - Metal chassis. Same sculpt, just cast in metal like the body.
    - Real Rider Wheels. Rubber wheels on a plastic wheel, like the ones used on the SDCC Time Machine
    - Clear coat body. NO PAINT!
    - Signal lights painted in (front fascia). Actually, 'printed'.
    - Tail lights also printed, with black outlines. Really makes it pop.
    - 'De Lorean' on bumper in silver

    The not so good

    - The side mirror triangles and quarter panel vents are not painted.
    - Side markers front and back are not painted.

    These will be about $3-5, depending on your market. The metal chassis, rubber wheels, and detailed paint process added to the cost, therefore retail price. This is also part of a 'Collector Line". Unfortunately, these costs did not allow some of the details (see above) to be painted and still meet cost.

    I will have more details later. Thanks.

  9. #79
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    - Real Rider Wheels. Rubber wheels on a plastic wheel, like the ones used on the SDCC Time Machine.
    Excellent! Best improvement hey could make. Those stock wheels they used were terrible.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  10. #80
    DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    440

    My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

    Got samples today! The clearcoated body is...different. Reminds me of how as a kid I would sand and clearcoat HW's I had.

    James
    Attached Images

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •