FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #861
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    jesus, the nerve of some people...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  2. #862
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    jesus, the nerve of some people...
    They must be cheap. Anyone know how to say "Get the fuck off of my car, you bastards" in Spanish?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  3. #863
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    They must be cheap. Anyone know how to say "Get the fuck off of my car, you bastards" in Spanish?
    uhh... I know 'carro' and 'bastardo'

    8 years of Spanish classes... sigh
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  4. #864
    Member David_NYS's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2012

    Location:  North Carolina

    Posts:    85

    My VIN:    3944

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    My car is being treated like a piece of furniture by the construction crew working on my apartment building, so I need to get it moving again. If I have driven it to work, they can't eat their lunch on it. (I am threatening to sue the company if any damage arises from this mistreatment, and will report them to the BBB as soon as I have their name, phone number, and address.)

    Once again, the DeLorean suffers from its movie star status and becomes, in the minds of plebes, "public property." What. The. Fuck. People.
    I think would lose my mind if that happened to my car! I might actually have to call the police... to keep them safe from me! the nerve of some people!

    My insurance comany required me to submit a signed statment saying I would agree to always keep it in a garage a night. I would be nervous not to. I kept it out in the day last week to treat the leather in the sun, and when I came back, I could swear there were fingerprints that were not there before I left. I'm afraid that if I left it out over night, some drunk guy or girl would want to sit on the hood, or something...

    Anyway, I'm still looking forward to coming down and meeting you guys (Gulf Coast Deloreans) for a tech day, I'm just waiting on some parts for my fuel system.
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

  5. #865
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    they can't eat their lunch on it.
    Are they eating sandwiches or buckets of chicken?

  6. #866
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by David_NYS View Post
    I think would lose my mind if that happened to my car! I might actually have to call the police... to keep them safe from me!
    Apparently their supervisor gave them hell for it. I am guessing someone looked at it and saw the interior all messed up with wires everywhere and thought it was an abandoned vehicle (despite the current license plate).

    Before I left work, I thought about a plan to bring out my Claymore if I saw them lounging around it again.

    Best plan is just to get it running again. I will put the interior back in it. I will forget cutting a new wood panel for behind the passenger seat -- the stock one, damaged though it may be, is going back in for now. After that, I will do the electrical stuff (RKE and interior lights), and work on that output shaft seal.

    By the way, Steve -- what did you need for the transmission final drive drain/fill plugs? I will have to buy one. Since it seems I am doing this job every year or two, it will be worth the investment. It's a square bit, right? What size?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    How about I come by Saturday morning to offer my services? I was going to help Jim with his AC but he hasn't called me back yet.

    I've got no clue what tools are needed but I know they are in my car.

    We can even do brake pads if you want.

    Btw, if memory serves correctly we will just need a small socket for the plugs, a punch, a seal puller, and a big socket for tapping the new seal in. All of that stuff is already in my car.

  8. #868
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    They must be cheap. Anyone know how to say "Get the fuck off of my car, you bastards" in Spanish?
    I think a Pump Shotgun is universal language.

  9. #869
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    How about I come by Saturday morning to offer my services? I was going to help Jim with his AC but he hasn't called me back yet.

    I've got no clue what tools are needed but I know they are in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    We can even do brake pads if you want.
    OK, thanks! I will go to O'Reilly tomorrow, and I will get the pads, gear oil -- and brake fluid: in order to avoid pushing crap up into the system, I am told to open the bleeder when you compress the piston back up before putting the new pads in, and top off with fresh brake fluid.

    Also, O'Reilly has one more oil seal in case I manage to frig this one up. By the way, you can add National Part Number 1962 to yout crossover parts list -- it's not rubber, it's the exact same metal/spring/rubber as OEM which lasted almost 30 years.

    I need to go to Harbor Freight to get a trickle charger. I will ask for a seal puller, too. Anything else?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  10. #870
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    OK, thanks! I will go to O'Reilly tomorrow, and I will get the pads, gear oil -- and brake fluid: in order to avoid pushing crap up into the system, I am told to open the bleeder when you compress the piston back up before putting the new pads in, and top off with fresh brake fluid.

    Also, O'Reilly has one more oil seal in case I manage to frig this one up. By the way, you can add National Part Number 1962 to yout crossover parts list -- it's not rubber, it's the exact same metal/spring/rubber as OEM which lasted almost 30 years.

    I need to go to Harbor Freight to get a trickle charger. I will ask for a seal puller, too. Anything else?
    Nah, we should be good for Saturday but you're doing most of the work. I don't want to get too dirty since I've got a BBQ to go to that night.

    Btw, James has some cheap black carpet (new) for $400 if you are interested in it.

    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?36...2063#post52063

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •