FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #931
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    i noticed on the DMCSouth forum that they stopped dripping after spraying carb cleaner into them. makes me wonder if there were deposits that were interrupting the flow and pulling the droplets out of the main stream.
    Maybe it's time for me to try rebuilding the carburetor again. The last time I just cleaned it with the spray because it didn't look that dirty to me, but perhaps I should soak it in varnish or whatever that stuff is for a day and a night like Bill does.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #932
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Maybe it's time for me to try rebuilding the carburetor again. The last time I just cleaned it with the spray because it didn't look that dirty to me, but perhaps I should soak it in varnish or whatever that stuff is for a day and a night like Bill does.
    No need for all of that. The main things that matter when rebuilding your carb is that you replace the power valve and the fuel pump accelerator thingie. The rest of the kit is just cheap gaskets. Oh, and we have to make sure your jets are clear. Compressed air is good for making sure the jets are clear.

    Another important thing durring reassembly is to make sure you reinstall the choke correctly. If your choke isn't installed right your fast idle screw thingie won't work like it is supposed to.

    If you are still game for working on your car tonight I can come by. If we need to rebuild the carb all we need is a $20 kit from Autozone. I rebuilt mine about a year ago just for the experience.

  3. #933
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I didn't mess with the choke position. I just replaced the gaskets and such.

    Thursday night would be better; my girlfriend's not feeling well so I will be busy working culinary magic tonight.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  4. #934
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I didn't mess with the choke position. I just replaced the gaskets and such.

    Thursday night would be better; my girlfriend's not feeling well so I will be busy working culinary magic tonight.
    Sounds good to me. Hope she feels better soon.

  5. #935
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Maybe it's time for me to try rebuilding the carburetor again. The last time I just cleaned it with the spray because it didn't look that dirty to me, but perhaps I should soak it in varnish or whatever that stuff is for a day and a night like Bill does.
    it could be worth a shot, especially if the rebuild kit is $20 like steve said. if you are a visual learner, this PDF full of photos might be helpful locating all the passageways in the 2100 to blow out.

    when was the last time you rebuilt it?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  6. #936
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    when was the last time you rebuilt it?
    Over a year ago. I rebuilt it because the engine was idling like crap...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #937
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    it could be worth a shot, especially if the rebuild kit is $20 like steve said. if you are a visual learner, this PDF full of photos might be helpful locating all the passageways in the 2100 to blow out.

    when was the last time you rebuilt it?
    We will know if he needs a rebuild or not after I put my carb on his car.

  8. #938
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    We will know if he needs a rebuild or not after I put my carb on his car.
    +1

  9. #939
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    We will know if he needs a rebuild or not after I put my carb on his car.
    definitely a benefit of the modular nature of the carb setup. im curious to hear about the results...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  10. #940
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    definitely a benefit of the modular nature of the carb setup. im curious to hear about the results...
    Yeah if that don't fix it I want to make sure he is getting spark on each wire. I'm a mini Bill in training. I keep a tool for testing spark in my car at all times.

    It's going to be so much fun swapping parts until we figure out what's wrong. I'm willing to swap anything except for engines.

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •