FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    I am still on a quest to find label laminating material that will hold up to engine compartment heat. Bring your car to FFT'11 (Alexandria VA) and I'll swap out your lid for the latest candidate.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  2. #92
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Is Martin seriously going to argue that my DeLorean is *LESS* well grounded than a stock vehicle?
    When did Martin say anything of the sort? You do what makes you happy, even if it's pointless. You go on about the size of wires being inadequate, but have you measured the current carried by them and the resistance of them? (I know you like to measure resistance).

    Apparently Martin's ongoing attacks on my car are not tangential, for moderators are perfectly content to leave them in place.
    Martin, as ever, likes to police your erroneous comments wherever he spots them. And he was talking about your daft statement that the bracket holding the ECU is not up to the task... using stainless for a bus bar was just an offhand comment.

    (and now Martin is facing an identity crisis due to speaking about himself in the third person )
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Martin, as ever, likes to police your erroneous comments wherever he spots them.
    I clearly said "in my opinion" -- twice. There is absolutely nothing you can do to police American opinion (you nice British people tried that already in the late 1700's, and yet again about 40 years later -- it doesn't work).

    In my opinion, DeLoreans are unmitigated English crap. Ford Motor Company on its worst day never built a car half a crappy as the cobbled together nee Lotus monstrosities DMC tried to foist on an uninterested market. The company died the quick death it deserved.

    In my opinion.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  4. #94
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    (you nice British people tried that already in the late 1700's, and yet again about 40 years later -- it doesn't work)
    I have to admit this made me laugh. There were no "Americans" until after the Crown accepted that the colonies were lost. I have an "American" penny from 1775 -- guess whose head is on it.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #95
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I clearly said "in my opinion" -- twice. There is absolutely nothing you can do to police American opinion (you nice British people tried that already in the late 1700's, and yet again about 40 years later -- it doesn't work).
    When have I ever brought nationality into this? You're the xenophobe here (and check out my surname, numbnuts...)

    In my opinion, DeLoreans are unmitigated English crap. Ford Motor Company on its worst day never built a car half a crappy as the cobbled together nee Lotus monstrosities DMC tried to foist on an uninterested market. The company died the quick death it deserved.


    Saying something really doesn't make it true, you know... And I think the guys in Norther Ireland might have something to say about being called "English".
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    The poor people in Ireland were relegated to building crap the English designed.

    The only decent engineering on the car was done in the factory itself (integrated door pulls, rear fascia reinforcement, etc). The remainder of the vehicle is nothing more than warmed over substandard Lotus (English) garbage.

    In my opinion.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #97
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    The remainder of the vehicle is nothing more than warmed over substandard Lotus (English) garbage.
    You'll have to qualify that statement a bit better before people'll accept it as more than just a warmed over substandard attempt to troll. It's quite pathetic really.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  8. #98
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    rear fascia reinforcement
    What sort of reinforcement? My rear fascia is pretty warped. Maybe this reinforcement is missing on my car...

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Today my RPM relay decided to quit working while I was driving home from work. I was able to jumper pins 87 and 30 in order to get home but the fuel pump always runs when jumpered, even with the key removed.

    On the old forum I seem to remember Bill talking about bypassing the RMP relay completely for reliability. I was considering leaving the connector jumpered but obviously I can't do that since it keeps pumping even when I remove the key from the ignition.

    Does anyone know what trick he does to get it to stop pumping? I am guessing I could just run a keyed 12v wire directly to the pump.

  10. #100
    Senior Member ramblinmike's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Alton, IL

    Posts:    302

    My VIN:    00910

    There is a keyed 12v at the RPM relay already.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Today my RPM relay decided to quit working while I was driving home from work. I was able to jumper pins 87 and 30 in order to get home but the fuel pump always runs when jumpered, even with the key removed.

    On the old forum I seem to remember Bill talking about bypassing the RMP relay completely for reliability. I was considering leaving the connector jumpered but obviously I can't do that since it keeps pumping even when I remove the key from the ignition.

    Does anyone know what trick he does to get it to stop pumping? I am guessing I could just run a keyed 12v wire directly to the pump.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •