FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: DMCSELLER on Ebay

  1. #1
    accidental owner DMC3165's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Smithtown NY

    Posts:    893

    My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

    Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    DMCSELLER on Ebay

    Hi all, Is this person a member on the forums here? He seems to have a ton of articles and alot of original DMC paperwork from the factory. I'm always interested in obtaining info and factory pics on both my current and former DeLoreans. Has anyone here purchased from this person before and how did it go? Also if you are a member here please PM me I am very interested in obtaining any information possible on these two cars. Thanks!
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

  2. #2
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    Hi all, Is this person a member on the forums here? He seems to have a ton of articles and alot of original DMC paperwork from the factory. I'm always interested in obtaining info and factory pics on both my current and former DeLoreans. Has anyone here purchased from this person before and how did it go? Also if you are a member here please PM me I am very interested in obtaining any information possible on these two cars. Thanks!
    Checking would be easier if you provide a link to the related e-bay page.
    Thanks.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  3. #3
    accidental owner DMC3165's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Smithtown NY

    Posts:    893

    My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

    Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  London UK

    Posts:    108

    My VIN:    814

    Club(s):   (DCH)

    I was interested in the same thing.

    Info here -->

    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?61...ull=1#post6543

    andy

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  South Texas

    Posts:    849

    I don't believe he is a member here.

    One thing I know for sure, if he tell you he is selling original documents, original documents you will get.

    I bought a lot of documents from him, check his feedback, not a single complaint.

    I know others who bought from him too, I meant others from this forum. Do not expect to buy Delorean signed documents very cheap either!
    LEVY


    Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    Hi all, Is this person a member on the forums here? He seems to have a ton of articles and alot of original DMC paperwork from the factory. I'm always interested in obtaining info and factory pics on both my current and former DeLoreans. Has anyone here purchased from this person before and how did it go? Also if you are a member here please PM me I am very interested in obtaining any information possible on these two cars. Thanks!
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

    John Z. De Lorean

  6. #6
    Senior Member Domi's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  France

    Posts:    2,462

    My VIN:    16951

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

    I've got a few things from him too.
    Very nice, but unfortunately some of them are impossible to bid because the price increase at the last second...

  7. #7
    accidental owner DMC3165's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Smithtown NY

    Posts:    893

    My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

    Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    I've seen his ads before and I think my wife may have bought a few trinkets off him in the past for my birthday or Christmas. But he seems to have incredibly rare one off items. I was hoping he was a member here. I'm always hoping I'll come across an old document or picture regarding my current and former cars.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

  8. #8
    DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles / Chicago

    Posts:    643

    My VIN:    11474

    He's one of the son's from the law firm that dealt with the creditors against JZD/DMC. I've actually been to their offices in Detroit before to interview the lawyer who dealt with this over 20 years. They sell these original items as a way to raise more money for the people who were owed money from DMC. I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and it's all legit. Some stuff they have is multiples (original copies, etc). So your best bet is to buy original items with original sketches, etc. They have file cabinets full of stuff, pretty incredible.

    T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

  9. #9
    Senior Member john 05141's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Hasselt, Belgium

    Posts:    898

    My VIN:    05141

    I do not know about thse things. Pretty easy to reproduce.

    I bought a so called original plan of the production facility at Euofest. There was a guy selling those right there among with the vendors, next to DMC selling parts. The plans look darn original and aged. I asked the seller where this came from and he told me he noticed dumptrucks driving back and forth the plant and the dump after the bankruptcy. He decised to follow the trucks and nose between what they were trowing away. He found boxes full of plans he said. I talked to one of the former employees later that day and he reacted it is just a scam, no way these are real.

    So be careful with those things is what I'm trying to say.

    John


    Steering with power

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  South Texas

    Posts:    849

    Tamir knows what he is talking about, so I am.

    If you buy from DMCSELLER, you are buying the real deal, some times he sells copies but he will tell you that fact.
    Just be careful, DMCSELLER on ebay, not DMCSELLER anywhere else.

    LEVY

    Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    I do not know about thse things. Pretty easy to reproduce.

    I bought a so called original plan of the production facility at Euofest. There was a guy selling those right there among with the vendors, next to DMC selling parts. The plans look darn original and aged. I asked the seller where this came from and he told me he noticed dumptrucks driving back and forth the plant and the dump after the bankruptcy. He decised to follow the trucks and nose between what they were trowing away. He found boxes full of plans he said. I talked to one of the former employees later that day and he reacted it is just a scam, no way these are real.

    So be careful with those things is what I'm trying to say.

    John
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

    John Z. De Lorean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •