FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 2 DeLoreans are for sale

My 2 DeLoreans are for sale

For age and health reasons I would like to sell my DeLorean’s 1844 and 1782.

1844 was mechanically restored up to what I believe was “daily driver” status. It has been mostly sitting for about a year now it probably needs complete servicing. I believe it to be mechanically restored but still, like most DeLorean’s, needs more cosmetic restoration. It has a manual transmission, black interior, and has 47,498 miles on it. I have been starting it and driving around the block at least once a month for the past year but no more. I would like $17,000 for this car.

1782 is no doubt a project car. It looks OK and needs mostly mechanical restoration. 1782 has an automatic transmission, black interior and has 44,587 miles on it. When I acquired the car, it appeared to be the victim of the classic problem of attempting to start a car that had been sitting and had bad gas. Since I suspected the fuel system needed a complete restoration I decided to temporarily toss on a carburetor conversion kit for fun. I got the engine started in a couple of days. Of course, to ensure that a future owner could restore the original CFI fuel system if they so desired I did not make any permanent modifications and carefully packed away all of the CFI components. The car is “driveable” in the sense that I can start it, back it out of the garage and drive it up the street and back but I removed all the fuses not required to start the car and have not even looked at the circuits. I would like $13,000 for this car.

I will take $27,500 for both cars which would include all of my extra parts, manuals, and collectables.

IMG_0603.jpg
    JPEG image 2.jpg

You can contact me at [email protected]. I will update this post as more info is requested.
    Last edited by flyinglow; 07-30-2018 at 01:44 PM.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Can you post pictures of the interiors for both vehicles?
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

I just spit out my drink. This may be the answer to my 4 year search. Are there any forum users near Raleigh that could poke around on behalf of interested parties? I can't get down there anytime in the near future and would love to assess the condition to get a handle on immediate needs.

As the last post requested, more images would be great. My eyes are on 1844. Also, can you please confirm that VIN? The registry is showing a gray interior, when your listing clearly shows a black interior...

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by DannonWeb; 07-31-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Some photos

I could not see how to add these photos to my original post so here they are.

I got 1844 off the ground and took a few pictures. I tried to shoot the places where I could see anything you would want to see as follows:

IMG_0688.jpgIMG_0689.jpgIMG_0686.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0680.jpgIMG_0682.jpgIMG_0676.jpgIMG_0679.jpg

When I got the car I did notice that there had been some kind of hydraulic fluid spill into the fuel tank area which had attacked the paint on the inside of the gas tank support panel. I removed that panel and restored the surface. There was also some bubbling of the frame epoxy at the drivers side edge of the frame where the fuel tank panel attaches to the frame. I cleaned that area up and put several coats of a professional rust inhibitor/metal protector along that edge. Here is the picture of that area that looks like rust but it is actually the primer which is sort of dark red. You can see where I got a little of the paint on the fiberglass.

IMG_0675.jpg

Here are some interior shots. The PO replaced the original seats with some aftermarket seats that fit the car and look OK. I have the original seats from that car that need to be recovered that will go with this car.

IMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0696.jpg

I will rest up and provide these same type of pictures of 1782 tomorrow.

Hi flyinglow

Is it possible to speak about your twins Delorean in pm or mail

I search to contact you since westerday for buy both

Look at your mail Adress [email protected]

Best regards

Fabien
    Last edited by Fabiss; 07-31-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Please check your email. My friend Darren contacted you about buying the automatic car. He has one question and is ready to make a deal ASAP. No tire kicking.

My VIN:    01398

ready to buy now

greetings again. I emailed you a few times yesterday.. again I am 100 percent ready to purchase as well. If , when you'd like to proceed.. let me know.. It's a definite yes for me.

I can't risk buying something sight unseen, so it seems I'm already out of the running. Best of luck to all...

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by DannonWeb View Post
    I just spit out my drink. This may be the answer to my 4 year search. Are there any forum users near Raleigh that could poke around on behalf of interested parties? I can't get down there anytime in the near future and would love to assess the condition to get a handle on immediate needs.

As the last post requested, more images would be great. My eyes are on 1844. Also, can you please confirm that VIN? The registry is showing a gray interior, when your listing clearly shows a black interior...

Thanks,
    Dan
    I live in the Mebane, NC area about 45 min from Raleigh. I would be more than happy to take a look at the cars for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    I live in the Mebane, NC area about 45 min from Raleigh. I would be more than happy to take a look at the cars for you.
    Just sent you a PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast