FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DCS - DeLorean Convention and Show (DeLorean Midwest Connection - Host DMC Club)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    <snip> As for saying something to you in person, well, the few times I saw you on Thursday you looked right through me- even when I said "Hi Rich". I thought maybe I died, and was a ghost. It was not just this show, you have done this to me at past DCS shows too (except for the one time you gave me the Legend T-Shirt you had made, Thanks for that! I am afraid to wear it, and mess it up). My assumption was you did not like me, which is OK- lots of people don't like me! My blunt personality does not go over well with lots of people, and I find those people have trouble separating the issues from the person. And no, you are not Ken- He was able to take my criticism without seeing it as a personal attack.
    <snip>
    Since you brought it up, I will be the first to acknowledge there was a change in my view of Marc (and others)
    several DCS events ago. While it really is not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, it's more of the
    principal of the lack of respect to me by people not asking me before getting in and out of my vehicles for their
    own reasons, especially since this was right after Don Steger took the D Rex out for a high-speed joyride in CA.

I always thought I could trust other DeLorean owners not to abuse (or even sit in) other DeLorean owner's cars
    without asking (in the case of sitting in) or without stating the conditions of a drive-around. While Don Steger's
    high-speed joyride of D Rex on the block in front of his shop in Garden Grove was much more concerning, just
    the process of getting in or out of the D Rex can cause a fall or injury, and therefore should require my permission.

Almost every DeLorean owner has had to deal with someone hopping into their DeLorean at car shows and maybe
    the public sees the DeLorean as a BTTF Prop and they can just sit in it, but owners should know better to ask first.
    The D Rex is still suffering the after effects of the high-speed joyride (while the transfer case was set in 4 Low),
    including a leaking transfer case, leaking transmission and a damaged left rear 4-link suspension mount.

Once trust is lost, it is difficult to accept someone else's advice or offers to help. If it was not for people telling me
    about posts on FB and elsewhere, I may not even know these things had happened. So ... now you know.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Since you brought it up, I will be the first to acknowledge there was a change in my view of Marc (and others)
    Rich, I don't recall ever driving any of your vehicles (and, I think it would have been a memorable experience). I do recall getting in the limo and D-Rex in Orlando with your consent.

It is wrong of you to take out your anger for what Don did on the rest of us who (may have) unknowingly "disrespected" you.

While it is your prerogative to dislike or avoid socializing with me, it is disrespectful to ignore me... and it is more puzzling now knowing how important respect is to you.

This also demonstrates my comment about not taking criticism personally, and something you should consider for all relationships. You have passed total judgement on me based on your perception of a single event (my advice is some how less valid because of this incident?). IMHO, that is shortsighted.

Either way, if I did something to you (or your vehicles) that you found disrespectful, I can assure you it was not intentional and I apologize for it.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

Why don't you Ladies get a room.
    This is exactly why I and others DO NOT ATTEND.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Why don't you Ladies get a room.
    This is exactly why I and others DO NOT ATTEND.
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the comment. Luckily, the forum drama does not actually take place at the event.

If you decide not to attend due to the perceived drama on the forum, then you are missing out
    on the chance to listen to many DMC VIPs and BTTF VIPs, hearing all their stories first hand.

Some brief samples of the VIP presentations may help change your mind, when my nephew
    has time to begin editing nearly 2 TB of footage. YouTube links will be posted when available.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    10907

FWIW, I was a first-time DCS attendee and relatively new owner and I found everybody there to be friendly and nice. I've found that to be the case at all the DeLorean events I've attended so far.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    (snip)
    when my nephew
    has time to begin editing nearly 2 TB of footage. YouTube links will be posted when available.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    (snip)
    I'd love to see the YouTube videos when they go up! Thanks.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I'd love to see the YouTube videos when they go up! Thanks.

George
    Hi George,

There were several time-lapse cameras setup at the Tech Day and in the Mega Center,
    so these videos will likely be the first ones to be posted.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2