FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Product Review – Celebrating the Impossible – book Chris Parnham & Andrew Withers

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Product Review – Celebrating the Impossible – book Chris Parnham & Andrew Withers

Finally I have it in my hands – the long awaited and long promised DeLorean book from the UK Delorean Owners Club historian Chris Parnham and co-author Andrew Withers that Chris has been working on since 1998.

It’s a huge coffee-table type book, 440+ pages and 9+lbs, measuring about 14x14x2” and comes beautifully packaged in a logo’d box. I was even fortunate enough to have mine signed by the authors as I bought one of the initial batch straight from the UK. Mailing it wasn’t cheap – thanks to forum member mml for all his help.

While it includes many interviews with former employees, the book’s outstanding feature is the huge numbers of previously unseen factory photographs covering every aspect of the cars development and manufacture from underbodies and frames to several photos of the first shipment aboard the Continental Highway. Even the ones you have seen before are reproduced in large format with greater detail than before. the authors had access to what I assume was teh official factory photographer as many of the pictures were taken as production was underway, as opposed to staged PR shots (which are there too, of course)

At the end there are some nods to post factory "modifications" such as RHD cars (one of Chris's personal interests), the BTTF cars (including an interview with the Time Machine Restoration team) and Rich W’s collection. For early car junkies, there is a detailed VIN list of the first few hundred cars

It’s available from DMCH for the price of $120 plus shipping and I understand that they have 500 of the 1500 printed.

http://store.delorean.com/p-10662-de...mpossible.aspx

or Amazon for $200+

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

It definitely has pride of place in my DeLorean library
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

are they identical from Amazon and DMCH? thats quite a huge price differential.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I have the book and there are plenty of amazing pictures in it

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I would assume so as there has only been one printing.

Shipping from DMCH is extra, remember, and it's nearly $40 for me, whereas Amazon is almost free.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

The only difference being is that for Amazon they would be shipped from the UK, DMCH ones are in stock in the US.
    I'm sure that ChrisP will be very pleased with your review Dermot, thank you for this, I will pass it on to him.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Glad it got there safely Dermot! I wrapped it up best I could, I was hoping it wouldn't get damaged on the way.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    2883

I received my copy today. Absolutely fantastic book! A must for any DeLorean owner or admirer. The breadth and depth of it is amazing. Thanks Chris & Andy, I will cherish this book for many years to come.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

book

Got my christmas/birthday/fathers day present yesterday.