FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 117 of 920 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    06960

Finished the first heated and cooled seat. This seat is the passenger seat, so I'll be driving to DCS with the drivers and passenger seats swapped. The heater also is not hooked up yet, and the controller for the cooling is also not built yet. So for now it'll just have an on/off for the cooling fans at full speed. An update coming tonight at the seat thread...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?34...D-Cooled-Seats
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Hell of a weekend. Removed the engine and transmission. Degreased and cleaned the entire frame and every plated part in sight, all of which came back to a really nice yellow shine. Tore off the manifold, valve covers, timing cover, oil pan and crankcase. New gaskets on all of the above. Resealed the brass plug on the passenger side of the timing cover. New rear main seals. New A/C idler pulleys and o-ring. New pilot bearing. New clutch master and backup hood release cable. Flushed the clutch system. Tied up all the new A/C lines to the frame under the cradle where they belonged, but we couldn't reach when doing the replacement initially. Replaced all the bushings in the shift linkage. Tapped two stripped bolt holes (one in my manifold, one in my throttle body) so they seal better. Finally replaced the passenger side TAB, which was very bent. Did the drivers side a few months back and it was fine.

Right now the motor is on a stand half full with oil on its side to leak-test the new gaskets. Tonight I clean up the garage and find all my tools again, tomorrow I will rotate the motor to the other side. This week Clint is rebuilding the transmission (all new seals, o-rings, gaskets, roll pins, end nuts, bellows, you name it) and next weekend we will reassemble everything, with a new slave cylinder, clutch, throw-out bearing, pressure plate and flywheel.

Time permitting we also hope to remove the rear quarter panels and replace the ball stud brackets, then bolt down the roof box and possibly re-cover and replace the headliners.

Couldn't have done any of it without David and Clint's help! More accomodating friends never existed.

June is an exciting month for 2100...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    05457

Had a great time helping out Jon, although Clint was definitely the expert calling the shots. I learned a ton. The more I learn about this car the more I realize how much I don't know. Looking forward to getting it all back together.
    David Proehl

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Had a great time helping out Jon, although Clint was definitely the expert calling the shots. I learned a ton. The more I learn about this car the more I realize how much I don't know. Looking forward to getting it all back together.
    I'm so sore I could barely move this morning and my hands may never come clean. But it was the best weekend I've had in years!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    01955

Celebrated his/hers 31st Birthday.

My VIN:    3133

Today: New fuel filter, accumulator, and fuel pump. Removed seats to install new carpet.
    Director - Friends Of Oak Island Society
    Pres - Dufferin Auto & Diesel Electric Co Ltd

My VIN:    3133

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Celebrated his/hers 31st Birthday.
    Happy Birthday.
    Director - Friends Of Oak Island Society
    Pres - Dufferin Auto & Diesel Electric Co Ltd

My VIN:    03572

Car is cleaned, packed and tire pressure, oil level and coolant level have been checked. I like packing a little early because I keep thinking of things I forgot while I'm still at home.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Hell of a weekend. Removed the engine and transmission. Degreased and cleaned the entire frame and every plated part in sight, all of which came back to a really nice yellow shine. Tore off the manifold, valve covers, timing cover, oil pan and crankcase. New gaskets on all of the above. Resealed the brass plug on the passenger side of the timing cover. New rear main seals. New A/C idler pulleys and o-ring. New pilot bearing. New clutch master and backup hood release cable. Flushed the clutch system. Tied up all the new A/C lines to the frame under the cradle where they belonged, but we couldn't reach when doing the replacement initially. Replaced all the bushings in the shift linkage. Tapped two stripped bolt holes (one in my manifold, one in my throttle body) so they seal better. Finally replaced the passenger side TAB, which was very bent. Did the drivers side a few months back and it was fine.

Right now the motor is on a stand half full with oil on its side to leak-test the new gaskets. Tonight I clean up the garage and find all my tools again, tomorrow I will rotate the motor to the other side. This week Clint is rebuilding the transmission (all new seals, o-rings, gaskets, roll pins, end nuts, bellows, you name it) and next weekend we will reassemble everything, with a new slave cylinder, clutch, throw-out bearing, pressure plate and flywheel.

Time permitting we also hope to remove the rear quarter panels and replace the ball stud brackets, then bolt down the roof box and possibly re-cover and replace the headliners.

Couldn't have done any of it without David and Clint's help! More accomodating friends never existed.

June is an exciting month for 2100...

What! You removed all your rust proofing? Oh, Wait your in California. I guess you don't need it On another Note: WOW! pretty ambitious undertaking in a short time span.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 06-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Acid application #15, removed first chunks of broken tap from hole. If I can get the tap out tomorrow I will be in line to get her to DCS.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

Page 117 of 920 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast