FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Time Machine # 16 - For Adam Kontras in Hollywood

Attention Whore

Long before you made any of this public, I told you I would ship you whatever stuff we have, just give me a call.
    You refused.
    I then offered to just ship you what we had.
    You refused.
    Only after you put up your blog and then go on here to slander me did I lose my temper.
    I told you that I was busy on the set of my TV show all week.
    I was up till 5am trying to negotiate with you.
    I dont have the time to sift through that box of trash and cross reference your made up list of parts.
    I am running a full shop and me and my entire crew are shooting a TV show.
    Those items were not my responsibility, the seller should have sent them to you or you should have inquirer about them and took them when you were at my shop.

I will refer the standard posted sign on the shop wall that says,
    "We are not responsible for items left in vehicles, fire, theft or loss.
    Items left over 30 days will be discarded or become shop property.
    Storage fees will apply for items left over 30 days."

You could have and should have inquired about these items and taken them when you were freeloading off me for the weekend. Sorry.
    They are here if you want to come get them or if you pay to ship them.
    I am not refusing them to you, it is yours if you want it.
    Otherwise,
    I'm done with you.

My VIN:    2894

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Long before you made any of this public, I told you I would ship you whatever stuff we have, just give me a call.
    You refused.
    Not true, everything you said was documented and is now public.

I then offered to just ship you what we had.
    You refused.
    Not true, you demanded I sign a document that I was satisfied before even telling me what you had.

Only after you put up your blog and then go on here to slander me did I lose my temper.
    Asking for you to tell me which parts you have is not slander, nor is posting your threatening emails to me. It's simply holding you accountable for your actions.

I told you that I was busy on the set of my TV show all week.
    Has nothing to do with this.

I was up till 5am trying to negotiate with you.
    There's nothing to negotiate. "What parts do you have?" is a question. We haven't even gotten to the negotiating part concerning the parts that you "threw away".

I dont have the time to sift through that box of trash and cross reference your made up list of parts.
    You don't have time? It's a list of 30 small items. You've spent hours harassing me, on the phone, through text, emails, this thread - uploading an hour long video of a conversation that has nothing to do with this. Don't you realize everyone here can see that you do indeed have the time, you just want to hide what you still have?

I am running a full shop and me and my entire crew are shooting a TV show.
    Has nothing to do with this.

Those items were not my responsibility, the seller should have sent them to you or you should have inquirer about them and took them when you were at my shop.
    I did inquire about them in Dallas. Twice. Both times you said they were trash and you threw them out. Remember Bob? You actually already admitted to that. Gotta keep your stories straight.

I will refer the standard posted sign on the shop wall that says,
    I cannot wait until you use that as a defense in small claims court.

You could have and should have inquired about these items and taken them when you were freeloading off me for the weekend. Sorry.
    I did inquire about them, twice, and you said they were thrown out. Not sure what our personal arrangement has to do with it. That's like me bringing up that I paid $15 for parking at the Dallas ComicCon. What on earth does that have to do with anything?

They are here if you want to come get them or if you pay to ship them.
    I am not refusing them to you, it is yours if you want it.
    Oh, awesome! The items ARE there! Wonderful. If you could simply list them I will happily send you an address to ship them to. Gee, I wish you would've said that when I asked about this two days ago. Think of all the time we could've saved.

Otherwise,
    I'm done with you.
    I don't think you are.

My VIN:    3060

How do you charge storage fees for items that are thrown out or become shop property after 30 days? You take ownership rights and still charge the customer with storage fees?

This will be really simple for a court to figure out. Why not just tell the court your side, Bob, and see what they say? If you have done nothing wrong, then the court will agree with you and you will win.

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    And before the mods come in here and say that this should be dealt with through PMs, I think it is important that this is worked out for everyone to see. I think there has been enough hiding behind youtube videos and phantom copies of emails. This needs to be open for the community to comment.

So please don't lock the thread and tell them to take it to PMs.
    I agree. I have been watching this thread since about 7:00am EST. Didn't watch it while at work, but came home and saw Michael's post and onward since then, and I am leaving this thread open - for now - as long as it doesn't degenerate into an all out swearing/shouting match.

There's a difference between "confrontations playing out in public" and airing out dirty laundry. More and more, this forum is becoming a haven for new owners and for discussion that used to happen "behind closed doors" metaphorically speaking. Threads like this need to play out - as long as it remains civil and constructive.

As for how the mods do things, don't worry, we got this. You just sit back and enjoy the forums .

The admins remain neutral on this issue unfolding on the forums. No sides are being taken, and the only way this thread will be locked or "disappears" is by request of Tamir - the forum owner. So, no mob mentality - let's let this play out.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Banned

My VIN:    1798

WOW!!!

As someone who has put 7 new owners together with their cars in the last 2-3 months, ALL of which have been completely satisfied with the assessments/recommendations that I performed for them, there's one rule that I constantly stress over and over again that was not followed here, but would have prevented this entire situation from evolving as it did had it only been followed.

The moral of this story, boys and girls, is that when purchasing any DeLorean, either take the time and effort to personally inspect it yourself, or have someone knowledgeable do so for you.

It's that simple. And there's NEVER an exception.

Why on earth someone would have purchased the Bitcoin car without inspecting it first, or having someone knowledgeable do so for them, is quite simply beyond me. Two of the new owners I assisted in purchasing their cars were actually interested in the Bitcoin car, however, because of things that I noticed from the pictures alone, I instructed my guys to pass on it, and this entire fiasco appears to have provided validity to some of my concerns with that car. I'm not saying that the Bitcoin car wasn't a nice car, only that I believe that it wasn't as nice as the seller was promoting it to be, nor was it actually worth the money that the seller wanted for it.

In any case, had an inspection been done prior to the sale of the car, the buyer would have known exactly what parts were being sold with the car. But as the seller is now 'out of the picture,' what we're left with is a he said, he said war where neither side is actually able to prove their case beyond a preponderance of the evidence, even if you're able to locate and force the Bitcoin seller into the dispute, as he could very well lie after-the-fact (not saying that he necessarily would, only that there's no way of definitively proving anything here with empirical evidence).

So, lesson be learned boys and girls - ALWAYS inspect your intended purchase prior to purchasing (or have someone who knows what they're looking at do so for you - there are many on this forum, including myself, who are more than willing to help out in this regard)...

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    WOW!!!

As someone who has put 7 new owners together with their cars in the last 2-3 months, ALL of which have been completely satisfied with the assessments/recommendations that I performed for them, there's one rule that I constantly stress over and over again that was not followed here, but would have prevented this entire situation from evolving as it did had it only been followed.

The moral of this story, boys and girls, is that when purchasing any DeLorean, either take the time and effort to personally inspect it yourself, or have someone knowledgeable do so for you.

It's that simple. And there's NEVER an exception.

Why on earth someone would have purchased the Bitcoin car without inspecting it first, or having someone knowledgeable do so for them, is quite simply beyond me. Two of the new owners I assisted in purchasing their cars were actually interested in the Bitcoin car, however, because of things that I noticed from the pictures alone, I instructed my guys to pass on it, and this entire fiasco appears to have provided validity to some of my concerns with that car. I'm not saying that the Bitcoin car wasn't a nice car, only that I believe that it wasn't as nice as the seller was promoting to be, nor was it actually worth the money that the seller wanted for it.

In any case, had an inspection been done prior to the sale of the car, the buyer would have known exactly what parts were being sold with the car. But as the seller is now 'out of the picture,' what we're left with is a he said, he said war where neither side is actually able to prove their case beyond a preponderance of the evidence, even if you're able to locate and force the Bitcoin seller into the dispute, as he could very well lie after-the-fact (not saying that he necessarily would, only that there's no way of definitively proving anything here with empirical evidence).

So, lesson be learned boys and girls - ALWAYS inspect your intended purchase prior to purchasing (or have someone who knows what they're looking at do so for you - there are many on this forum, including myself, who are more than willing to help out in this regard)...
    The seller is out of the picture? I just spoke to the seller yesterday. ?!??! There's nothing wrong with the car itself, what on earth are you talking about? The car purchase was the best part of my entire experience. I spoke with the owner all weekend (while he packed the car in April) as he detailed everything about the car and provided both me and Bob with tons of information. In fact, take a look at the entry I linked to. It's about as detailed as it gets and Bob has even finally admitted he received the parts. So, where on earth are you coming from about the seller? Why has that poor bastard been dragged into this?

(Man Bob, you need to give your plants a bit more information before you direct them.)
    Last edited by AdamKontras; 06-18-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    The seller is out of the picture? I just spoke to the seller yesterday. ?!??! There's nothing wrong with the car itself, what on earth are you talking about? The car purchase was the best part of my entire experience. I spoke with the owner all weekend as he detailed everything about the car and provided both me and Bob with tons of information. In fact, take a look at the entry I linked to. It's about as detailed as it gets and Bob has even finally admitted he received the parts. So, where on earth are you coming from about the seller? Why has that poor bastard been dragged into this?

(Man Bob, you need to give your plants a bit more information before you direct them.)
    Josh is NO PLANT. If you had spent any time here you would know that. Don't make assumptions simply because you don't like one persons' legal opinion.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Banned

My VIN:    1798

As to what qualifies as being 'junk,' and deserving to be thrown out vs retained, I'll lead off with the old adage that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Here's but a few examples - what would you do with them if you ran a shop:

Plastic header bottle
    Original belts
    Original coolant hoses
    Original bolt in valve stems
    Ducellier alternator
    Original fan fail
    Etc

Many would consider these kinds of parts to be 'junk,' and would simply toss them. However, to me, and others like me (the concours crowd), they're like gold, and to just throw them out is an act of blasphemy!

The point being, to arbitrarily dispose of any part from a vintage/collector automobile is just not a wise business practice IMHO. Let the owner decide that which is trash and that which he wishes to retain. Common sensical no-brainer IMHO...

OK, it seems as can be the case in threads that people skip all the links to information and only read the threads, so I'll make this simple:

I bought a car in Memphis that came with a ton of extras. The weekend that the seller Greg was packing the car to be shipped to Dallas (en route to LA) we spoke often. He gave me measurements for my carport, told me all the things he was including, and in fact told me where in the car he was shipping these items. It was so extensive I asked him (though he didn't have to) to write out a detailed list of every item and their location for both Bob and me and email that. He did. What possible motivation would this seller have after I already purchased the car to write up a "fake" list with "fake" locations where he put empty boxes KNOWING Bob was going to receive the list AND the car the NEXT DAY?? Bob received the email, and the car and said nothing! If there was some discrepancy, wouldn't you think Bob would MENTION IT TO ME? Knowing I would be asking about the parts?!?!

And as I've stated, I did mention it to him when I got to Dallas and he said it was "all trash" and it was "thrown out". And he has continued to say that he THREW MY PROPERTY AWAY. I don't believe him. Why don't I believe him? Because when he was pressed about this he admitted there were indeed some parts but only a couple hundred bucks worth. Then he stated that NOTHING arrived with the car. Then he stated that in fact he JUST found out his crew set aside the parts but never told him! All of this is documented in his texts and emails. When asked for a full inventory of these parts he refuses unless I sign a document stating I'm satisfied with everything BEFOREHAND?

As a customer, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Josh is NO PLANT. If you had spent any time here you would know that. Don't make assumptions simply because you don't like one persons' legal opinion.
    Michael, he's blaming the SELLER. He already admitted his crew put the parts in a box and never told him!!!! He's changing his story every other email. !?!??! How on earth can you blame the seller? Just READ BOB'S COMMENTS.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast