FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Idle Switch Wiring?

My VIN:    5564

Idle Switch Wiring?

Hey guys,
    #5564 had the wires and broke the white and black connectors that were taken off the idle speed micro switch near the CIS. Can anyone tell me the wiring of the switch and the other wires. I have (2 blacks, a Black/Green, Green/Light Green) wires. I know when I place the Black/Green wire to ground it changes my idle speed. Also the other wires control some sort of vacuum solenoid because I here it clicking. I just want to make sure they are correct. Im sure if anyone has a picture of the top of their motor near the CIS and the switches I should be able to figure it out. Also Im putting on Herveys exhaust this week, cant wait to hear how she sounds. Thanks GUYS

My VIN:    2234

I can try and find some pictures of the area later tonight. In the meantime, can you repeat your question? I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're asking. Are you saying you had the idle speed microswitch disconnected, and the wiring harness connectors broke leaving you with 4 random wires? And you're wondering which are grouped together to on each connection of idle speed microswitch?

The wiring diagram in the resources section may be able to help if that's the case. Either way, I'll look for pics tonight.

-Kevin
    VIN2234
    1 + 1 = 3 for exceptionally large values of 1.

idle problems

Hello,
    Ya, the wires to the idle micoswitch was off and the full throttle switch were off. I determined that the black/green stripe wire and one black wire went to the idle switch and brought the idle down. However I have two green and two black wires left and the full throttle micro switch has two black wires as well. My idle is still super high even when the micro switch brings the idle down a bit. Thanks for the help guys

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

green/black and one black go to the idle micro switch. green/black on top, black on bottom, and have their own individual spade connectors

solid green and the other black go to the full throttle switch and connect via the white tetris block shaped connector.

2016-06-12 07.41.36.jpg

if idle is still high after its wired back up, try adjusting the throttle arm linkage under the throttle cable sprint by unhooking it from its retaining ball stud and lengthening or shortening it a turn or 2.

2016-06-12 07.33.00.jpg

idle problems

Thanks for the picture, I just wired both up and the idle went down a bit 1100 rpm. Adjusted the linkage but it was bottomed out. I think it may be the idle speed regulator or the idle thermistor, or vacuum leak. So I guess I'm working on the D this weekend.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    green/black and one black go to the idle micro switch. green/black on top, black on bottom, and have their own individual spade connectors

solid green and the other black go to the full throttle switch and connect via the white tetris block shaped connector.
    Haha, I LOVE this description! Gonna have to remind myself to use that one!

...OP:

More info on those full throttle switches here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...-s-this-switch

I assume you have a manual trans, so you only have the fuel enrichment switch and not the second switch for the auto trans kickdown. Those two switches (on the auto trans) both look like they have a green and a black wire, but there is a slight difference in the green wires as one has a second, slightly different green colour together with it (LGG on the wiring diagram I believe it is).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I assume you have a manual trans, so you only have the fuel enrichment switch and not the second switch for the auto trans kickdown. Those two switches (on the auto trans) both look like they have a green and a black wire, but there is a slight difference in the green wires as one has a second, slightly different green colour together with it (LGG on the wiring diagram I believe it is).
    oh good point. forgot about that extra connector if you have an auto. ive got mine just electrical taped off as you can sorta see in my pic (as mine's a manual).