FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC Spax Shocks Reviews and Driver Adjustment Settings

Question DMC Spax Shocks Reviews and Driver Adjustment Settings

I received my DMC Spax adjustable shocks today. Thanks so much Dave and Julee at DMC Midwest for the heads up and super-fast service!

I will be putting them on within the next week or two.

Those of you who have them, what are your thoughts?

What settings do you have the front and back adjusted to for cruising or spirited driving?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Black with DMC logo, looks like the ones into the Eiback kit?

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

They are specially produced in that colour at the Spax factory for DMCH

Josh are you running rubber or polybushed suspension?

Those on polybushes tend to run on a softer setting

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

Question

Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    They are specially produced in that colour at the Spax factory for DMCH

Josh are you running rubber or polybushed suspension?

Those on polybushes tend to run on a softer setting

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    My car has a poly sway bar bushing set, poly trailing arm bushings, LCA brackets, DMOCO frame brace...everything else is stock (stock control arm bushings)

So i would probably run a firmer setting?

Regarding setting the adjustments.....
    I had one fellow Delorean owner tell me to start the rears at 6 clicks and the fronts at 4 clicks. This is after turning the knob all the way to the left until it stops which would be the softest setting....

My VIN:    10270

I think I'm about the exact opposite... all the way up, then 6-8 clicks back, but I typically drive in a spirited sort of fashion and despise body roll.

If / When one of these rear sway bar kits ever comes out, I'll probably revisit those settings.

My VIN:    01955

Josh, did these babies come with a key to adjust the ride height settings, or you just use your hand with no weight on the wheels?

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I highly recomend that you tighten to the firmest setting and make your adjustements from there. I believe there are 28 settings (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

If you want the softest setting, turn the knob as tight as it will go, and then turn it 28 clicks to the left.

There is a reason I recomend making your adjustments from the tightest setting and not from the lowest setting. I have one of the early sets of Spax shocks. The early sets had a smaller adjustment knob than the new ones and they were very difficult to turn.

One day I decided to adjust my rear shocks to the lowest setting and was having trouble turning the small knob. I decided to turn it with a screw driver as there was a small screw in the middle. I did not count the clicks and the knob turned very easy once I started turning it with a screw driver. Within seconds the knob came off and all of the fluid flew out of the shock. I was not able to get the shock rebuilt and had to replace it.

It was a very expensive mistake and I would hate to see anyone else do the same thing.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Josh, did these babies come with a key to adjust the ride height settings, or you just use your hand with no weight on the wheels?
    They don't come with a key for adjusting the rear height settings. You need to either adjust them by hand before installation or you can adjust them after installation with a special tool. I believe there is some info on the UK forum about the tool.

I believe you need a tool set like the above to tighten it correctly; not sure if hand-tightening will lock the two rings together properly.

if you go to www.jegs.com and in the search box type "shock tool" or "spanner" you will see options...

I will be installing my shocks tomorrow morning at Dave Bauerle's. If I need the tools, I am very lucky to be 5 minutes away from Jegs main warehouse to run over and grab whichever set I need if Dave doesn't have a set...I'm sure he does though...

I'll be sure to put pics up and report my adjustment findings....

Josh Q

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast