FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: List all, and comment on, motor vehicle's you've owned.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

List all, and comment on, motor vehicle's you've owned.

Here's something:

List every vehicle (Year, Make, Model) that you've ever owned, or that you can remember.
    • Remember you can't go back and edit the posting after a few minutes so, try to get them all.
    • Don't list your parent's/family's car
    • List car either titled to you or that you made payments on.
    • No business vehicles, personal use cars only.

For extra credit, from your list, add a short note to each vehicle, for example:
    <---Favorite
    <---Worst
    <---Fastest
    <---Dream Car
    <---Regret Selling
    <---Lemon/avoid
    <---Reliable
    ...etc.

Should be interesting to see similarities and not, amount (well, this may highlight the elder forum members), brand affinity, Domestic/Foreign preference/trends, as well as the variety and opinions.

I'll start:

1972, Dodge, Charger <--- Oh, the memories; bought summer before Sr. year of H.S.
    1983, Ford, EXP <--- Meh.
    1984, Mitsubishi, Colt <--- First stick car.
    1985, Chevy, Z28 <--- Uncontrollable during Chicago winters.
    1986, Ford, Bronco II <--- First SUV (mini) for us, all in all not bad.
    1989, Pontiac, Grand AM SE <---Made to bust its timing chain at 60K. Thanks GM.
    1993, Mazda, MX-6 <--- My first sports coupe. Reliable. Started my love of Mazdas.
    1992, Dodge, Caravan SE <--- Of course, the minivan for the younger kids.
    1999, Lexus, RX300 <--- Lemon. Engine would sludge.
    2000, Ford, Expedition <--- <Sniff> I miss the big guy (but not the $100 fill ups)
    2001, Volvo, S80 T6 <-- Fastest; twin turbos rocked.
    2005, Honda, Element <--- Really the wife's car, Honda tough and reliable.
    1981, DeLorean, DMC-12 <-- <sigh> Dream car, weekend car, fun car.
    1985, Toyota, Celica Supra <--- Oh, ho, ho. Fun, fun, and with great lines.
    2009, Mazda, 3S GT Hatch <--- Love my 3.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    10186

lets see here.....

1984 Ford Thunderbird 5.0HO
    1986 Iroc-z
    1986 Iroc z (owned 2)
    1988 camaro
    1983 camaro
    1984 camaro
    1986 honda civic hatchback
    1985 Chevy K20 pickup truck 3/4 ton
    1994 ford ranger XLT
    2003 Ford ranger
    2002 Ford ranger XLT 4x4
    2003 Chevy S10 4x4 (current driver)
    1982 DeLorean (current longtime project)
    2003 Dodge Neon SXT

My VIN:    4534

Looks like fun...do they have to drive?

Here they are in the order I bought them.

1985 Cavalier 4 door <---My first car, sometimes I wish I still had her.
    1999 Monte Carlo LS <---My first new car, love her even though she's a plain jane.
    1966 Nova 4 door <---I want to drive this car again! It has been nearly 5 years in restoration hell.
    1966 Mustang Coupe *Red <---Poor, poor parts car.
    1966 Mustang Coupe *Blue <---I love the power this car has.
    1989 GMC Safari <---I bought it for the engine. The brake lines exploded, northern vehicle.
    1969 Ford F350 Flatbed <---This thing is a beast. Ugly as sin but very unique.
    1989 Chevy Astro <---My parts hauler. Nice van, I may restore it one day.
    1981 Delorean <---Dream car, money pit, and fun.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

My count isn't really that high. I'm more the type to drive it until the wheels come off, fix it, then drive it some more.

1) 1988 Chevy Cavalier RS 4 door; (April 1997-November 1999) Former family car, handed down. Flipped at 380 000 kms with future wife at the wheel in horrible snowstorm. She walked away unhurt.

2) 1982 Toyota Supra; (November 1998-August 2001) Got for pennies (literally!) from co-worker at the time. First stick, very fun. Loved driving with windows down and moonroof open. In "Halo colour" Terra Cotta with black hatch. Gave it up due to rust compromising structural integrity beyond safe point. Parked Aug. 2001; stripped it down in 2002 to keep parts inventory for 1984 model.

3) 1991 Chevy Cavalier RS 2 door V6; (November 1999-June 2002) Cheap replacement for rolled 1988 Cavalier. Thought it very peppy compared to 4 cyl. Still a Cavalier (but at least not a 1995- model)

4) 1984 Toyota Supra; (March 2002-September 2005) Automatic, moonroof. Replacement for '82 Supra. Not as much fun, but still regret selling occasionally.

5) 1989 Chevy Cavalier RS 4 door; (September 2001-September 2003) Needed cheap winter car; had history with these vehicles. Walked away due to (wait for it....) structural rust.

6) 2002 Saturn SL1; (June 2002-present) Wife's primary vehicle. Traded '91 Cavalier in for it. Stick, first car bought new. Still own it today. Wife hit deer in 2006; drove it home from scene. Replaced driver door, LF fender, hood. Currently has aprox. 236 000 kms. Still on original clutch.

7) 1993 Dodge Colt 2 door; (September 2003-November 2004) Replaced 1989 Cavalier. Very basic. Stick. Bought (cheap!) from co-worker at the time. Later on admitted he thought it would leave me stranded the day after I got it. Pissed him off by driving it a year before trading in with minimal issues (clutch cable snapped once...just as I pulled in to work).

8 ) 2001 Ford Windstar; (November 2004-present) As described in the video made with me last summer, the van I had to get instead of a D, with second child on the way. Wanted a wagon or hatch, and have never had to leave anything behind. Paradoxical "Sport" model. Still have it. Surprisingly, passed both rear axle and front subframe rust recalls! Aprox. 282 000 kms on it.

9) 1981 DeLorean (June 2008-present) Reason I'm here. Acquired differently than most; previously discussed on .com site. Quietly drive +/- 10 000 miles per year during driving season. Put experience working on it to work on other peoples vehicles up here. Currently in Winter Hibernation.
    Last edited by Cory W; 01-31-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

1982 BMW 320i: My 1st car that we bought for $1,500. Great car, but no AC and needed work towards the end. I couldn't afford the restoration so we sold it. Sometimes I miss it.

1996 Corolla: Owned from 2000 to 2004. Great car and very reliable. Great on gas (32mpg).

1988 Toyota Tacoma: Owned from 2004 to present: Great truck with 186k miles on it now. Will be needing a few age realted fixes and some new tires, but still alive and kicking!!

Hopefully a Delorean will be next on the list!!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Ooh - a memory test. This is in order of acquisition....

You'll probably pick up on some very wierd patterns, and what was new vs. used is pretty strange in retrospect. There are quite a few sub-$1000 cars in this list. There are overlaps in ownership, i.e. didn't necessarily trade up every time and there are cars that Julee and I traded off with each other. Unfortunately life's other important things got in the way of having too many "cool" cars.

1965 Mustang <==first college car, a $250 beater
    1967 Nova 283 <==not bad but automatic
    1970 Nova 350 <==4-spd - first "fast" car
    1964 Chevy II - winter beater, about rusted in two
    1972 Pinto Wagon <==actually a lot of fun for what it was
    1975 Monza V8 <==easily the worst car ever owned. NOT one of JZD's better ideas
    1972 Maverick Grabber <==Actually bought for Julee! Miraculously she stuck around anyway
    1975 Pinto Wagon <==got in a bit of a rut here
    1980 Plymouth Horizon <==first (new) car, gas crisis car. Ick. Where I learned how NOT to finance a car.
    1980 Mazda RX7 <==trying to make up for the Horizon
    1978 Fairmont Wagon <==this is where kids showed up in our life. Sold the RX7 for this.
    1985 Mustang GT <==In spite of kids (new)
    1989 Ford Aerostar <==more serious about the kids. (new)
    1986 Pontiac 6000STE <==traded the Mustang, reverse midlife crisis here
    1992 Pontiac Grand Prix <==company car but I bought it out
    1994 Acura Integra GSR <==fun commuter car (new)
    1996 Dodge Caravan <==kids still around, (new)
    1981 DeLorean <==The one that got me started
    1998 BMW 528i <==Wanted a larger car but with a manual trans
    1998 BMW M3 <==Hooked on BMW at this point, kinda rough for a commuter car though.
    2002 BMW 530i <== upgrade from 528i, lower miles, more options, a manual, best car I have ever owned, still have this one
    1998 Chevy Suburban <==first shop truck, bought in a deal that included a DeLorean. This one is still in the family. First, last, and only real truck.
    2010 Honda Odyssey <==No kids now, shop truck/Julee's current driver. (new)
    A whole bunch of other DeLorean fix-ups, can't even count them any more.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Past Vehicles:

1992 Chevrolet S-10 - First vehicle, bought used, stripped down to nothing! For example, no interior dome light, no cigarette lighter plug, no radio, HVAC had 2 settings: Heat & Defroster! Not even a Vent! Manual transmission. Honestly, loved that truck! Have a picture of her on my desk at home!

1996 Chevrolet Corsica - College vehicle, nothing fancy but got me around and had AC and a tape deck!

1999 Pontiac Grand Am - Post-college vehicle, nice little peppy car, loved driving it.

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Only reason I bought this vehicle was that I was finding myself and many others in the family moving around at the time and needed something to help transport stuff. Also doing some side work for people I knew, so needed to transport equipment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently own:

2006 Saab 9-3 - Got tired of driving the Trailblazer, wanted to get back into a car. Absolutely love this car but getting ready to sell it due to a lack of room to store vehicles at my house!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado - Really my Wife's vehicle, she wanted a "big truck". It's in my name though, and I do drive it occasionally.

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - My toy!

My wife also owns two Pontiac Firebird's - a 1988 and a 2002, but they are not in my name. The '88 is not operational, the '02 is operational but never gets driven except by me when feel sorry for it just sitting in the garage!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

1979 AMC Concord Station Wagon: My "first" car, purchased for $75. I say "first" because I never got to use it, really. The furthest I'd ever gotten to drive it was once up and down the block. It broke down sitting in the driveway overnight.

1985 Audi 4000S: My ACTUAL first car. I loved it. If that Cadillac hadn't ran that red light that day, I'd probably still have it.

1992 Ford Tempo: What can I say? I needed a car. Ended up flipping this one.

1991 Nissan Stanza: The RadMobile. Also a great little car. Sold it to a buddy's girlfriend and she wrecked it.

1999 Volkswagen Jetta (Wolfsburg): Spent a shitload of money on repairs for a semi-minor accident that was my fault, only to have it totaled by someone else a few weeks later.

2002 Audi A4: Great car, but I have always loved Audi. So much so that I ended up eventually trading it in for...

2007 Audi A4: My current daily driver. I don't really see myself owning anything but Audis for my daily car anymore.

1981 DeLorean DMC-12: Duh.

Side note - can we please please please stop pluralizing with apostrophes? (vehicle's, parent's, Firebird's, etc.) It grates to read. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 02-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Side note - can we please please please stop pluralizing with apostrophes? (vehicle's, parent's, Firebird's, etc.) It grates to read. Just sayin'.
    "parent's" ???

My VIN:    3501

Club(s):   (DMA)

In this order:

'80 Z28 Camaro
    '93 Saturn SL2 5 Speed (Great college car!)

Saturn went to my brother, replaced with:

'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC (300hp of Northstar goodness!)

Sold off Z28 and replaced it with:

'81 DeLorean

Sold off Cadillac and replaced it with:

'05 Chrysler 300C (345 hp HEMI family hauler!!)
    '99 Jaguar XK8 convertible.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast