FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 10 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    While that is a weird situation, I don?t think the FD has a matching numbers kind of thing, like an engine. I would think a rebuild should be completely inspected and determined to be serviceable. If it is, I don?t know why you need to get yours back. I guess I?m cynical, but I?m suspicious.
    Yeah I don't think it is number matching either. They did have different color tags though so maybe certain years they were one color then another?



    I am kind of nitpicking I will admit because really the only difference was my Bosch tag was in slightly better shape. I guess the thing that set me off was when I discovered that I didn't get my own F.D. yet it explicitly says on their website that is how they do it. So after that in my mind I had lost trust. "How do I know that this thing has even been tested and the pressure set."

    The same thing happens with the HVAC business we own. My guys can do work for a customer for years with no problem and the customer never questioning our work. But then one day they make a silly mistake and after that the customer may loose some trust with us and may start double checking our work or hire a different company.

    Believe me,...it would be easier to just leave this one on the car rather than remove it, spill gas everywhere, mail it out, wait for mine to show up, install mine with new copper washers, test and set it up.
    But I would just like to have mine back.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 03-13-2026 at 02:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •