FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #191
    Senior Member Ashyukun's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Lexington, KY

    Posts:    242

    My VIN:    16655

    It's the driver's side drain that clogged and I'm working to fix. I'm planning on routing the hose from the drain there down to a new hole I plan to drill in the passenger's footwell- that way even if it does clog again, there will also be a way for water to get out of the footwell and it won't just pool there like it has when this has happened before...

    I also plan to pull the fuel pump and install it in the boot 'properly' after work, since I now have the coupler I was missing on the road.

  2. #192
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashyukun View Post
    It's the driver's side drain that clogged and I'm working to fix. I'm planning on routing the hose from the drain there down to a new hole I plan to drill in the passenger's footwell- that way even if it does clog again, there will also be a way for water to get out of the footwell and it won't just pool there like it has when this has happened before...

    I also plan to pull the fuel pump and install it in the boot 'properly' after work, since I now have the coupler I was missing on the road.
    I did the new hole drain thing and love it. If I run the AC for 5 minutes in humid air I will get a very large puddle of water on the floor.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  3. #193
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Wait -- there are drains on both sides? I have never noticed this. And chances are that by the time I have working a/c both of those will be clogged so I will have to fix them. Can anyone illustrate or tell me exactly where they are, please?

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  4. #194
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Wait -- there are drains on both sides? I have never noticed this. And chances are that by the time I have working a/c both of those will be clogged so I will have to fix them. Can anyone illustrate or tell me exactly where they are, please?

    Farrar
    There is only one stock AC drain.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  5. #195
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    There is only one stock AC drain.
    OK, thanks.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    There are two holes in the evaporator box. The hole closest to the driver is the condensation drain. The hole closest to the passenger is supposed to blow air on the blower motor. The air hole is raised slightly above the drain hole, which will keep water from running out of it as long as the vehicle is level side to side, but I have discovered that when the vehicle is tilted towards the passenger side condensed water will in fact run out of it as well (eventually causing the blower motor bearings to rust). I'm sure the air hose seemed like a good idea on paper, but in actual practice it doesn't as well as planned. How many other vehicles have you seen with an air hose to the blower motor anyway? My blower motor bearings used to squeal, but they haven't raised a peep since I rerouted that hose to the outside world (I PB'd the mess out of the bearings, then packed them with lithium).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #197
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    There are two holes in the evaporator box. The hole closest to the driver is the condensation drain. The hole closest to the passenger is supposed to blow air on the blower motor. The air hole is raised slightly above the drain hole, which will keep water from running out of it as long as the vehicle is level side to side, but I have discovered that when the vehicle is tilted towards the passenger side condensed water will in fact run out of it as well (eventually causing the blower motor bearings to rust). I'm sure the air hose seemed like a good idea on paper, but in actual practice it doesn't as well as planned. How many other vehicles have you seen with an air hose to the blower motor anyway? My blower motor bearings used to squeal, but they haven't raised a peep since I rerouted that hose to the outside world (I PB'd the mess out of the bearings, then packed them with lithium).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    You have a condensation drain on the drivers side? Mine does not. So where did the stock drain hose run up the frame on the drivers side?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Driver's side of the box, the side of the box closest to the driver.

    My condensation drain has the coil boot mod, which is less likely to clog than the OEM hose & elbow, and which is easily removed for cleaning if necessary (it's rubber, so squishy).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #199
    Senior Member ramblinmike's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Alton, IL

    Posts:    302

    My VIN:    00910

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You have a condensation drain on the drivers side? Mine does not. So where did the stock drain hose run up the frame on the drivers side?
    There is only one drain. The hole on the passenger side of the box is right next to the blower motor and is meant to cool the motor while it runs. You should have an 'L'-shaped tube from this hole to the side of the blower motor.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

  10. #200
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    There is only one drain. The hole on the passenger side of the box is right next to the blower motor and is meant to cool the motor while it runs. You should have an 'L'-shaped tube from this hole to the side of the blower motor.
    So where is your drain located?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •