FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #271
    DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    440

    My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

    Here's the Hot Wheels "New Wave" DeLorean - just got samples today, so I expect it in stores soon.

    James
    Attached Images
    James Espey, President
    Classic DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    [url]http://www.classicdmc.com[/url]

  2. #272
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Here's the Hot Wheels "New Wave" DeLorean - just got samples today, so I expect it in stores soon.

    James
    Jeez, does George Lucas own Hot Wheels? 5 years from now there will still be new models of the same thing coming out.

    I officially give up trying to get at least one of every model, looks like they are just never going to stop.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  3. #273
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    mmmmmmm

    well, that's certainly different. Very 80s. Very "New Wave".

    Hate it.

    I'll still buy one of course
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 09-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  4. #274
    Senior Member Jimmyvonviggle's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Calgary

    Posts:    982

    My VIN:    3028

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    mmmmmmm

    well, that's certainly different. Very 80s. Very "New Wave".

    Hate it.

    I'll still buy one of course
    I agree this is pretty bad. It does scream the 80's and I too will feel compelled to hunt this down.
    Barry

  5. #275
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Here's the HW City DeLorean - just got samples today, so I expect it in stores soon.

    James


    Finally got a half dozen of these in Wallyworld today. Subtly different from the others in the metal. (Note to self - 3 months from when James gets them, til I can get them )



    They were located just past the Christmas trees, to the left of the garlands. In freaking October. October! I was in on September 18 and the Christmas trees were up then. Who buys a Christmas tree in September?? /rant
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  6. #276
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post


    Finally got a half dozen of these in Wallyworld today. Subtly different from the others in the metal. (Note to self - 3 months from when James gets them, til I can get them )



    They were located just past the Christmas trees, to the left of the garlands. In freaking October. October! I was in on September 18 and the Christmas trees were up then. Who buys a Christmas tree in September?? /rant
    A friend of mine found me 2 of these the other day. I really like the color scheme, but the details are really lacking in a lot of areas on this particular model.

    I still need to bite the bullet and get an RLC for the collection, and haven't seen any New Wave ones yet....
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  7. #277
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,613

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    We still have people and customers that stop by just to give us hot wheels. I have a decent sized collection at this point!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

  8. #278
    PB Co
    Guest
    Picked up one of the new ones at my local hardware/five and dime shop. Cool custom factory-inspired stripes but I would have rather seen an emblem on the grill than the hot wheels logos.

    What is the future of the DMC/Mattel license? I had read the Red Line Club could be the last. Why not use that new set of toolings again? The Retro Entertainment series drops the "Retro" next year. Maybe they could find a way to do opening doors for a $5 price tag.

    Also, what about a Proto 1 hot wheels based on the original HW DeLorean that eventually became the generic Turismo? No new tooling costs there.

  9. #279
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Picked up 3 today at my local Walmart. You know what that means? If my Walmart has them, they are everywhere now.
    Attachment 22436

    On a side note...that's not a bad looking looking graphic package to sport in real life.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  10. #280
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Picked up 3 today at my local Walmart. You know what that means? If my Walmart has them, they are everywhere now.
    Attachment 22436

    On a side note...that's not a bad looking looking graphic package to sport in real life.
    I thought the same thing! The quality of this car isn't as high as some others, but I wouldn't mind those red accent stripes in real life.

    Has anyone actually found the new wave cars yet?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •