FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: DMC stage 1 and stage 2 engine differences

  1. #11
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Stage II and with lowered springs and suspension. That made the big difference in fuel economy.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Chris 16409's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fresno, CA.

    Posts:    1,401

    My VIN:    16409

    I've noticed that Houston no longer has a price displayed for the Stage II engine. Additionally, if you go to the parts page where is shows the crate motors, it says no stock and a $0.00 price. Are the crate motors running out or something?
    Chris Miles

    For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

  3. #13
    Senior Member Grover's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  New Jersey

    Posts:    293

    My VIN:    1494

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Last I heard they are saving the last of the full crate motors for the Stage III packages. Stage II's are now only done on exisiting engines.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

  4. #14
    Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Lexington, NC

    Posts:    817

    My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by googoofan5 View Post
    Last I heard they are saving the last of the full crate motors for the Stage III packages. Stage II's are now only done on exisiting engines.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Do they still have the mileage restriction of 50,000 miles on Stage II upgrades?

  5. #15
    Senior Member QuadcityDMC's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Moline,IL

    Posts:    135

    My VIN:    3390

    Mine was going to be a Stage II upgrade to my motor I had, but ened up getting a new block, So I ened up with a Stage II crate Engine, but doing it the hard way. It was a $10,000.00 upgrade

    I think you can get the Stage II crate for $9,000.00

  6. #16
    Ryan > Ruben Ryan King's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fresno, CA

    Posts:    1,133

    My VIN:    3997

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadcityDMC View Post
    Mine was going to be a Stage II upgrade to my motor I had, but ened up getting a new block, So I ened up with a Stage II crate Engine, but doing it the hard way. It was a $10,000.00 upgrade

    I think you can get the Stage II crate for $9,000.00
    I believe I got my Stage II crate motoro for 6,999 bucks back in 07. But if I were to need a new engine at this point, I would go through Josh.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

  7. #17
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    I believe I got my Stage II crate motoro for 6,999 bucks back in 07. But if I were to need a new engine at this point, I would go through Josh.
    Now I'm going with one of each, so it'll be an interesting comparison.

  8. #18
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    id be interested to hear your impressions of each after a few weeks of driving both.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  9. #19
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    id be interested to hear your impressions of each after a few weeks of driving both.
    Rest assured, a full comparison will come.

  10. #20
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    eeeexcellent.

    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •