FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 25 of 111 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #241
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    The corollary to that would be that I can't go online after I've had a beer. And as we all know, the Internet is more fun with alcohol.
    I've done some regrettable posts in the past that way .

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Hey, where's that "Coffee" emoticon we used to have?
    I know! I gotta talk to mike about that, he headed up the smiles.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  2. #242
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Just thought I'd share a little news with everyone:

    I'm finally at a point in my life where I can afford to go back to school, at least part-time. So starting next week, I will begin the task of finishing up my degree, which I started in 1997. Yep, I will be a 32-year-old college sophomore.

    So I will have even less time to work on the car! But it can wait -- I've put off my education for far too long.

    Best,
    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  3. #243
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I'm finally at a point in my life where I can afford to go back to school, at least part-time. So starting next week, I will begin the task of finishing up my degree, which I started in 1997. Yep, I will be a 32-year-old college sophomore.
    Hey man, congrats for jumping back in. Regardless of how long the journey is the feeling you have when you get that expensive little piece of paper is pretty awesome. I'm assuming you are no longer "Undecided" so what's your major?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  4. #244
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Hey man, congrats for jumping back in. Regardless of how long the journey is the feeling you have when you get that expensive little piece of paper is pretty awesome. I'm assuming you are no longer "Undecided" so what's your major?
    Thanks!

    I haven't signed up for any classes yet. I will be seeking a Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Music. No concentration yet; I will discuss that with my adviser on Monday. I plan to minor in business or administration of some sort, too -- my goal is to be Program Director of a classical music station some day.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Thanks!

    I haven't signed up for any classes yet. I will be seeking a Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Music. No concentration yet; I will discuss that with my adviser on Monday. I plan to minor in business or administration of some sort, too -- my goal is to be Program Director of a classical music station some day.

    Farrar
    Have you considered testing out of some stuff with CLEP testing? I tested out of at least 30 hours worth of classes thanks to CLEP and study guides at www.instacert.com. It took me about a year to get my Associates degree and about 10 years to get my Bachelors.

  6. #246
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    +1 on the CLEP tests!

    IIRC, ~$50.00 and a 1 hour multiple guess test v/s a quarter or semester is a no-brainer.

  7. #247
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Now that I've made sure it's possible, I ordered my time-delay relay for the power window circuit. Looking forward to working on this.

    I am not looking forward to working on the fuel pump carrier... I see a hacksaw in my future.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I am not looking forward to working on the fuel pump carrier... I see a hacksaw in my future.
    What have you done to the poor thing?

    If I am understanding correctly, you have a 1/8 to 1/4 NPT bushing turned upside down inside the carrier, now stuck on the original pipe. NPT threads are tapered, and brass can gall like stainless steel, so your bushing may well be stuck for good. I have snapped the threads off more than a few stuck brass NPT fittings over the years myself.

    I would simply cut off the original pipe, then grab the the stuck bushing and use it to turn the remaining threads out of the carrier. If you want to use a pump with 1/4 NPT ports, just tap the bottom of the carrier 1/4 NPT (I'm pretty certain yours is currently tapped 1/8 NPT). Is your new pickup screen 1/4 NPT as well?

    BTW: there is no pressure (above atmospheric) before the pump, and only a couple of PSI after it, so there's no need to tighten the everliving daylights out of these brass fittings.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #249
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I would simply cut off the original pipe, then grab the the stuck bushing and use it to turn the remaining threads out of the carrier.
    With the help of a 7/16" deep socket, this is what I did. You had made the equivalent of a 1/8" NPT close nipple, only a little longer. The hole in the bottom of the pipe cap is not tapped all the way through, so I could only turn the close nipple out from one direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Is your new pickup screen 1/4 NPT as well?
    No; I am re-using the old one.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    If I remember correctly, your exact words were "I want a carb setup just like yours..."

    (You and I are the only ones with that custom piece of pipe. Everyone else has a collection of brass fittings).

    McMaster Carr has the best selection of brass fittings. With their help you can adapt that carrier to fit anything.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

Page 25 of 111 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •