FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: DMC stage 1 and stage 2 engine differences

  1. #21
    Senior Member QuadcityDMC's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Moline,IL

    Posts:    135

    My VIN:    3390

    I took some photos of my motor. This was installed/built in June 2011. I have 1,125 miles on it now.
















  2. #22
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,517

    My Stage II 1258

    I got my Stage II done down at DMCFL. I used to have a black throttle cover plate, but when I got the car back it was not installed. I also was told to run premium fuel, and noticed a significant increase in fuel milage (23-26mpg) this modification was performed to a stock engine will less than 20,000 . Besides the StageII I also had other work done down there. The StageII mod has performed well, but the "fixed" door locks broke again by the time I hit Jacksonville and a few weeks later one of the top nuts on the fwd drivers side Eibach shocks came off. I'd love to get one of those cool stainless steel cover plates with the DMC logo.

    On a side note does anybody know what will have to be done to a Stage II engine if one wants to take there StageII to a StageIII?

  3. #23
    Senior Member QuadcityDMC's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Moline,IL

    Posts:    135

    My VIN:    3390

    Call DMCMW, they get them over in Europe.

  4. #24
    Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fernandina Beach Fl

    Posts:    1,933

    My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    That is a very nice Stage 2 engine!

  5. #25
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,517

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    On a side note does anybody know what will have to be done to a Stage II engine if one wants to take their StageII to a StageIII?
    Thanks for the info on the SS throttle cover. But does anyone know the answer to the above question?

  6. #26
    Ryan > Ruben Ryan King's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fresno, CA

    Posts:    1,133

    My VIN:    3997

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Thanks for the info on the SS throttle cover. But does anyone know the answer to the above question?
    I have heard that Stage III engines will need a completely different set up. You can't just add them onto Stage II
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

  7. #27
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    What does DMC do with the over-50k engines they remove from Stage II and III customers' cars?

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  8. #28
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Taylors SC

    Posts:    5,327

    My VIN:    (former)05429

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Thanks for the info on the SS throttle cover. But does anyone know the answer to the above question?
    Unknown. Design is not finished.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

  9. #29
    Senior Member Chris 16409's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fresno, CA.

    Posts:    1,401

    My VIN:    16409

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadcityDMC View Post
    I took some photos of my motor. This was installed/built in June 2011. I have 1,125 miles on it now.
    I noticed you had 'DMC' on the hose leaving your coolant expansion tank. Do you have the silicone coolant hoses all around?
    Chris Miles

    For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    157

    My VIN:    2808 6921

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I got my Stage II done down at DMCFL. I used to have a black throttle cover plate, but when I got the car back it was not installed. I also was told to run premium fuel, and noticed a significant increase in fuel milage (23-26mpg) this modification was performed to a stock engine will less than 20,000 . Besides the StageII I also had other work done down there. The StageII mod has performed well, but the "fixed" door locks broke again by the time I hit Jacksonville and a few weeks later one of the top nuts on the fwd drivers side Eibach shocks came off. I'd love to get one of those cool stainless steel cover plates with the DMC logo.

    On a side note does anybody know what will have to be done to a Stage II engine if one wants to take there StageII to a StageIII?
    I loved my Stage II upgrade for the whole week it ran when I got it back from DMCFL. My engine had 12k on it when I sent it down, she came back with a totally different breather, mine still had the DMC sticker on it, the sticker wasn't road rashed or worn or anything. When I got it back I had a plain black breather box with no sticker, I didn't get my Stage II badge in the engine compartment and as stated before the car ran exactly one week, I was fortunate enough to get it in the garage and she has laid there dormant ever since. I believe my bill came to a little over 10k including a rear main seal that if anyone at a show ever asks me about I'll be glad to tell them about. I wish I would have waited a while before I blew that wad of cash down there, I would have sent it to Josh instead.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •