FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #431
    Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2014

    Posts:    76

    I didn't know that the blue windowed ones were worth more, I need to find my stack of DeLoreans... going to be tricky though, I have too many totes full of cars to know which has them

    I do have two on my desk, one's taped up because I used one of it's wheels for a jewelry project and then decided it looked like the cave car, and I continued taping. hehe

    IMG_20141128_191647410.jpg

  2. #432
    Slickness of SS SIMid's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Melbourne, Australia

    Posts:    1,380

    My VIN:    01955

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    This was a Japan only release. Very few were made. The Back to the Future cars were part of a larger line that include other TV and Film cars, mostly entertainment cars from Japanese properties.

    Also, while these were branded as Hot Wheels, these were not made by Mattel. These were made by Bandai and distributed by Mattel under the Hot Wheels brand. That is all the information I got from asking around. Believe me, I spent a long time hunting these down at work and trying to get more information on these. This line from Bandai was made before my time and no one at Mattel knew anything about these expect what I just stated.

    So, a re-release will have to go through legal mumble jumble between the Mattel and Bandai, as well as Universal...and who ever else was involved in the initial deal. Who knows, the tools may not even exist.
    I have to admit, Bandai does the best toys around when it comes to Manga/Movie stuff. I bought a re-issued Macross VF-1J a few years ago which I had in my younger years that got destroyed. Been offered some good money for it being highly collectable. And the same then with these Bandai BTTF series, not cheap on Ebay if you find them. I'm sure the tooling will be around, can't see the Japs dumping the moulds as they did re-issue the Macross ones. Who knows, they may start secretly remaking them for next year! *wishing*

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Oh, there are plans. I did a sneak at DCS in Dayton. There will be two versions on the flying/hovering Time Machine at different price points. I cannot say more at this time, but there will be some Back to the Future items from Hot Wheels for 2015. Come on, did you expect us NOT to jump on this important date?
    Wow! Awesome news! So that means we in Australia will get them in 2016 then.

    Thanks for the info!

  3. #433
    Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2014

    Posts:    76

    Found an older but seemingly fresh display case at my local Ray's, picked one of the two red DeLoreans and some other goodies.

    Say, do any of you have the hot wheels Toyota pickup from BTTF?

    IMG_20141214_132524065.jpg

  4. #434
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    You only picked one of the two red ones?

    Amateur

    J/k
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  5. #435
    Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2014

    Posts:    76

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    You only picked one of the two red ones?

    Amateur

    J/k
    Yeah I have plenty deloreans and PLENTY other HW, so at this price yes, I left the one with a dented quarter window and a damaged card.

    Are the reds hard to find our worth more? I've got to find all my deloreans, I should have quite a few. Problem is I have too many cases to check...

  6. #436
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    In "related" news, look what I picked up today:

    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  7. #437
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    4,042

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Now you just need to find the mini sub version 😜
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, EPS​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

  8. #438
    Slickness of SS SIMid's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Melbourne, Australia

    Posts:    1,380

    My VIN:    01955

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    In "related" news, look what I picked up today:

    Saw a bunch of these a few weeks ago and bought the lot. Since then, never seen them again. Phew!

  9. #439
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Really? I thought you had to wait until 2016 to get the new 2015 models
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  10. #440
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Now you just need to find the mini sub version 
    Son of a beech:



    I thought you were joking
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •