Posts: 1,314
My VIN: 03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car
I didn't think I got new injectors in my upgrade, shortly after (maybe a month) I was having power fall out issues and brought it into the shop. they tested the injectors and found three that were faulty and needed replacement.
Posts: 157
My VIN: 2808 6921
Club(s): (DCVA) (DCUK)
I pulled one a few weeks ago, it had no spray. I wonder if I didnt get any injectors as well and thats why she quit running on me. Of course had I gotten the other 5 things out of 10 done, paint the fascias, paint the rims, blend the stainless, front end recall kit and new windshield my car might still be running![]()
Posts: 37
Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955
sean-
you're a moderator, not a censor. Explain to me why we can have what seems to be an entire page devoted to "ed bashing" and yet when one member shows a little bit of sarcasm that implies mechanics (not Tony specifically) at DMCFL fucked up, you threaten to censor his comment. While it is very gracious of Tony to offer his services to 1mcfly4u (and me) its kinda pointless because WE"RE IN VIRGINIA!!! and we're not rich. We simply can't afford to send our cars down there to have work done that may or may not be necessary because of a possible error on DMCFL's part.
Again, 1mcfly4u isn't "bashing" Tony like everyone else in this website seems to bash Ed whenever the opportunity presents itself. He's stating a fact. That as it happens was helpful to me and maybe others who read the thread. If the injectors on his car were replaced, as mine were, then why 1 month after he gets the car back does he pull one, and it doesn't function at all? Why in about a month did I have power issues and take my car to another shop and they find 3 faulty injectors? While I admire Tony's honor is accepting responsibility for possible oversights on his mechanics part. No one reasonable can expect him to stand over EVERY SINGLE CAR and monitor. For what its worth I know for a fact that the main mechanic who performed work on my vehicle doesn't work there any more, and in the year my car was down there they went through two different "head of sales" or whatever you wanna call them. Take that for what it is. But don't turn into a censor. 1mcfly4u is not being fowl, or downright insulting, he's frustrated and its apparent in his tone, thats all.
Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
Never said there was any bashing, and I can appreciate his situation but he has made it clear he is displeased and if he wants to voice it, start a thread about it in the review section. I don't want read about every time someone mentions a Stage whatever upgrade. You two are welcome to hash it out in a review thread but I'm not having it here.
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955
Nobody is "hashing" anything out. We're investigating and collaborating which is what a forum is all about. Why hasn't a DMC rep come on this thread and post a list of itemized details of what exactly is done to make a Stage II a Stage II. That would eliminate all speculation and this discussion would be over.
Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955