FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #51
    Slickness of SS SIMid's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Melbourne, Australia

    Posts:    1,380

    My VIN:    01955

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    The agreement with Mattel expires at the end of 2012, and what will probably be the final version is due to hit stores in January 2012. This will be part of the Hot Wheels Boulevard Series, with a $3-4 price each. Metal chassis and rubber tires along with "closer to original" wheel.

    Because of the higher price point and the general difficulty in dealing with Mattel in the past, we aren't buying thousands of these for resale like we did the rest, nor are we taking any pre-orders.

    James
    If the detail is as is to the pic, this will become an excellent addition. I do like the detail around the tail-lights. A D signature. Shame the wheels aren't closer to the design of the original.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Because of the higher price point and the general difficulty in dealing with Mattel in the past, we aren't buying thousands of these for resale like we did the rest, nor are we taking any pre-orders.

    James
    James, did you ever find out how many of the previous 5 versions were produced. I recall that the initial one was set at a million. The black ones dried up very quickly but am still finding gold ones.

    And there seems to be an endless supply of FTE and BTTF cars.

    Will this BS version (that doesn't sound right ) be a large scale production also (Million manufactured?)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  3. #53
    DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    440

    My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

    Mattel never publicly releases production figures, but Manson here might have an idea of proportions of BS cars to regular production...

    James

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Posts:    2

    Huge 161 hotwheels delorean lot!!!! For sale!!!

    I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

    http://losangeles.en.craigslist.org/...577976941.html
    THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.

  5. #55
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Deloreanguy82 View Post
    I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

    http://losangeles.en.craigslist.org/...577976941.html
    THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.
    1000.00!!! Damn, everyone was buying gold(which has only tripled in value over the past few years). Those fools should have been buying hot wheels.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  6. #56
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deloreanguy82 View Post
    I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

    http://losangeles.en.craigslist.org/...577976941.html
    THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.
    Please use your winnings to invest in fixing your CAPLOCK key

    (Years to collect ???)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  7. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    21

    Quote Originally Posted by Deloreanguy82 View Post
    I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE HW DELOREAN LOT FOR SALE!!! ALL 5 VERSIONS INCLUDING 28 BTTF DELOREANS!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK:

    http://losangeles.en.craigslist.org/...577976941.html
    THESE HW DELOREANS TOOK YEARS TO COLLECT AND FIND; IT WAS A LABOR OF LOVE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP FOR SALE BEFORE THEY BECOME INSANELY VALUABLE. I IMAGINE THAT THESE WILL BE WORTH QUITE A BIT 5-10 YEARS FROM NOW. AT THIS POINT I NEED TO MOVE THEM BECAUSE I MYSELF NEED TO MOVE. THESE COLLECTIBLES ARE SOLD STRICTLY AS A SET AND TOGETHER. I CANNOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY OR IN A SMALLER AMOUNT, SORRY.
    there are actually more versions with the european long cards and 5 short card versions

  8. #58
    02378 Since 1981 Delorean02378's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  New Boston, MI

    Posts:    391

    My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

    Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

    $1000 bucks! Wow, I've got over 300, maybe I should sell them all for $2000.

    Obviously I'm kidding. All mine are going to my son when he gets much older and has a Delorean of his own. We enjoy looking for the Hotwheels when we're at stores. I'm sure he'll be selling them on Ebay when he's in college for some beer money or to buy gas for the Delorean.


    Kirk
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Delorean02378; 09-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.

  9. #59
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    4,042

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    This new version appears to be of the same type as the the LE comic con BTTF minus the BTTF ADD ons. It's the same platform. All metal with the same wheels and rubber tires. It almost has a slot car look too it with the tires. It will be interesting to what they do for packaging.
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, EPS​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    21

    nice and when can we expect to start seeing these on shelves?

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •