FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 10 of 196

Thread: High Energy Ignition (HEI)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Stock DeLorean ignition is functional (most of the time), not optimal.

    I prefer optimal performance over merely functional performance, just like nearly every other automobile manufacturer in 1981 (and since, to this very day), so:

    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) General Motors standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Ford/AMC standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Chrysler standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Toyota standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Datsun (Nissan) standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Subaru standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Honda standards.
    I upgraded my ignition to 1981 (and since, to this very day) Mitsubishi standards.

    The best part of my upgrade: the high winding ignition coil that made it possible cost *LESS* than a Bosch Blue coil.

    Icing on the cake: My coil was Made in USA by an American corporation, not Made in Brazil by a foreign owned corporation (Bosch coils are Made in Brazil now).

    When you get right down to it, I wanted my PRV to perform at least as well as a 1988 and later PRV, so I upgraded my ignition slightly beyond the same specs Chrysler used on the Premier 3.0.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Last edited by content22207; 09-02-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •