FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #321
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Do you have a specific carbureted vehicle in mind that you wish to discuss?
    HA! No Im done with you not addressing your contradictory statement, not surprised though. Not sure I can take your inability to address it much more.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    My area of expertise is 1970's domestic automobiles, spilling into the early-mid 1980's. I have a wealth of practical experience in that area, and am fully qualified to answer any question you may have related to it.

    I am very inexperienced with anything built after the mid 1980's. Someone with much more experience in that area would be better qualified to answer questions related to it.

    It's no different than a dentist forwarding cardiovascular questions to a doctor who specializes in that area, and vice versa.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Last edited by content22207; 09-02-2011 at 10:14 AM.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    YEAH, Bill should like my new signature.

  4. #324
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Then why do my modern cars not have a carb?
    What the Hell is wrong with you? You are supposed to be a moderator here!

    Here in a carburetor thread, one of, if not THE, most visited, explosive threads on DMCTalk and you drop a flame like that!



    EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

  5. #325
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    My area of expertise is 1970's domestic automobiles, spilling into the early-mid 1980's. I have a wealth of practical experience in that area, and am fully qualified to answer any question you may have related to it.

    I am very inexperienced with anything built after the mid 1980's. Someone with much more experience in that area would be better qualified to answer questions related to it.

    It's no different than a dentist forwarding cardiovascular questions to a doctor who specializes in that area, and vice versa.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    IMHO, that is about the poorest analogy I have ever seen.

    Try a dentist and an oral surgeon.
    ...no that's not good...an oral surgeon has the knowledge but not necessarily the equipment a dentist does.

    A medieval barber and dentist works quite well.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Do Ron and Sean (our ostensibly neutral moderator) have serious questions about carbureting a DeLorean, or did they just come in here to hurl invectives around?

    Just so there's no misunderstanding: I specialize in adapting 1970's spec Mustang carburetors (2.8 liter V6, Motorcraft 2100/2150 with appropriate size venturis and jets) to stock DeLorean engines. Some owners have asked me to make adapter plates to mount said carburetors to Peugeot 604 intake manifolds they already have on hand (I only have one Peugeot manifold here, and it belongs to someone else -- I'm using it for testing purposes). Other owners have asked me to make complete intake manifolds from scratch.

    Most owners also ask me to provide the carburetor itself, but not all do so.

    Since every installation is test driven on my own car before I sign off on it, if I provide the carburetor as well as the manifold or adapter, it will already be set up for immediate use.

    I do not use any other brand or size (ex: Autolite 4100) of carburetor for DeLorean installation. I may be willing to make an adapter or manifold for a different carburetor, but the owner him or herself will need to source and install the actual carb in that instance.

    If an owner wants, I can source all the parts necessary for a complete conversion, including fuel pump and tank baffle, fuel filter and bracket, hoses and clamps, throttle cable adapter and bracket, even a custom air filter lid with factory size stickers.

    After a summer hiatus I am again making conversions for owners in Massachusetts (604 manifold), Michigan (604 manifold) and Florida (complete manifold, he already has a suitable Motorcraft carb). If anyone else wants a conversion, this is a perfect time to request it since I am currently concentrating on making these over my many other projects.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Last edited by content22207; 09-02-2011 at 03:58 PM.

  7. #327
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Do Ron and Sean (our ostensibly neutral moderator) have serious questions about carbureting a DeLorean, or did they just come in here to hurl invectives around?
    HA! Another great rebuttal to a question you cant answer! Just because Im a mod doesn't me you cant ignore my questions any more than if I was Martin or Ron. Its amazing the lengths you'll take to not respond to folks with questions that aren't kissing your butt.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I can source all the parts necessary for a complete conversion, including fuel pump and tank baffle
    YEAH, Bill gets a free tuna fish dinner out of this. I have yet to talk to a person who converted and received a baffle with its tuna fish intact.

  9. #329
    User title. Soundkillr's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    1,027

    My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Do Ron and Sean (our ostensibly neutral moderator) have serious questions about carbureting a DeLorean, or did they just come in here to hurl invectives around?

    Just so there's no misunderstanding: I specialize in adapting 1970's spec Mustang carburetors (2.8 liter V6, Motorcraft 2100/2150 with appropriate size venturis and jets) to stock DeLorean engines. Some owners have asked me to make adapter plates to mount said carburetors to Peugeot 604 intake manifolds they already have on hand (I only have one Peugeot manifold here, and it belongs to someone else -- I'm using it for testing purposes). Other owners have asked me to make complete intake manifolds from scratch.

    Most owners also ask me to provide the carburetor itself, but not all do so.

    Since every installation is test driven on my own car before I sign off on it, if I provide the carburetor as well as the manifold or adapter, it will already be set up for immediate use.

    I do not use any other brand or size (ex: Autolite 4100) of carburetor for DeLorean installation. I may be willing to make an adapter or manifold for a different carburetor, but the owner him or herself will need to source and install the actual carb in that instance.

    If an owner wants, I can source all the parts necessary for a complete conversion, including fuel pump and tank baffle, fuel filter and bracket, hoses and clamps, throttle cable adapter and bracket, even a custom air filter lid with factory size stickers.

    After a summer hiatus I am again making conversions for owners in Massachusetts (604 manifold), Michigan (604 manifold) and Florida (complete manifold, he already has a suitable Motorcraft carb). If anyone else wants a conversion, this is a perfect time to request it since I am currently concentrating on making these over my many other projects.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

    Just so I understand, its ok for you to go into other threads and start jabbing about better fuel options or ignition options or jabs about how quickly you can access a slave cylinder, or how you can easily read casting numbers because you have simpler exhaust or how ford engineering trumps anything and everything, even when the original topic had nothing to do with any of those things, yet when sean makes a jab its suddenly unacceptable?
    Soundkillr was here.

  10. #330
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    yet when sean makes a jab its suddenly unacceptable?
    To be clear, I aint jabbing but was confused by his inconsistency when he stated

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I prefer optimal performance over merely functional performance, just like nearly every other automobile manufacturer in 1981 (and since, to this very day), so:,
    To me this is counterintuitive when you consider Bills history of products he markets. I simpley asked why then is my 2010 car not carbed when he states that he prefers "Optimal preformance, just like nearly every other automobile manufacturer in 1981 (and since, to this very day)" So I dont think the logic is to hard to follow:

    Bill prefers "optimal performance"
    Bill prefers Carbs
    Bill prefers optimal performance just like auto manufactures do to this very day
    Auto manufactures of this very day should prefer carbs for their optimal performance. Right?

    It seems Bill views me asking him a question as Admin abuse and a true spit in his face act so he choose to not answer my questions, much like most any Martin or Ron asks, so really I feel in good company over all!
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •