FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: DMC stage 1 and stage 2 engine differences

  1. #71
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,517

    Accurate answer

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Can't answer for them but I wonder what more over this do you want?
    How about getting your answer verified then by a rep from DMC?

  2. #72
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    How about getting your answer verified then by a rep from DMC?
    Wouldn't DMCMW Dave's response to my post only adding new injectors to the list confirm what I said was accurate?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    157

    My VIN:    2808 6921

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    1Mcfly4u, you made it clear a few times you are not happy and Tony has stated at least twice he would honor the work. Please take future complaints about your situation directly to the source or they may be removed.
    The last part is more tongue in cheek as it was pointed out that I only did 5 of the 10 required things, I simply listed off a few of the things listed that were on my checklist of things for the car that were said "had" to be done.

    I have no problem listing my two walkarounds, the original, priced at the tune of 26k, the second at 11k. The difference in the two was a simple question, What NEEDS to be done to make the car driveable and roadworthy again, 15k was taken off of the list.

    I have not made this anywhere as near as public as I could have, I am simply giving my experience with the stage II upgrade. There have been a few people who have PM'd and emailed me about my situation and I have filled them in with a bunch of information and I am more then happy to share it with anyone else that asks privately.I've always said the Stage II was a great upgrade and I love it, the service on the other hand was less desirable but not horrible.

    As far as the bashing, that's silly. I like thirdmanjs take on it, Ed gets bashed it's a good time for all, say something negative about someone else, it's hate mongering. I always thought this was an open forum to discuss, ask questions and vent concerns amongst our small group of owners. Apparently this is not so, so please Sean, Mike or anyone else that's a mod feel free to delete any of my bashing comments.

    I find it great that Tony is offering to honor the work, I don't have 2k at the moment(1k shipping down, 1K shipping back) to take him up on it, not to mention this was three years ago.

  4. #74
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcfly4u View Post

    I have not made this anywhere as near as public as I could have, I am simply giving my experience with the stage II upgrade. There have been a few people who have PM'd and emailed me about my situation and I have filled them in with a bunch of information and I am more then happy to share it with anyone else that asks privately.I've always said the Stage II was a great upgrade and I love it, the service on the other hand was less desirable but not horrible.

    As far as the bashing, that's silly.
    First, feel free to share this situation in the review area. Second, where did I say bash?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  5. #75
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Gasohol gdiscussion can be continued here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...hol-on-our-D-s
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  6. #76
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Taylors SC

    Posts:    5,327

    My VIN:    (former)05429

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Wouldn't DMCMW Dave's response to my post only adding new injectors to the list confirm what I said was accurate?
    Whoops - it wasn't quite accurate (my bad). Stage 2 also includes (in addition to what was mentioned) plugs/wires/cap/rotor. Effective last last year it also includes powdercoating the engine parts that get removed during the installation (intake, W-pipe, valve covers, timing cover).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

  7. #77
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Whoops - it wasn't quite accurate (my bad). Stage 2 also includes (in addition to what was mentioned) plugs/wires/cap/rotor. Effective last last year it also includes powdercoating the engine parts that get removed during the installation (intake, W-pipe, valve covers, timing cover).
    Darn it, looks like I missed out on a few of these. That's what you get for needing one earlier. Only my valve covers are powdercoated and it looks like an older job. Granted, I've put 20,000 miles on the engine since.

  8. #78
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    DMC likes to improve their improvements. Unfortunately, that sometimes hurts us early adopters. (My car, for example, had Stage I put on in 2004 (I think -- would have to go back and find the receipt) when it was only exhaust, and it is not stainless steel.) However, it's a boon to those who wait for a little while to upgrade their cars.

    Farrar
    Last edited by Farrar; 09-06-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Unfortunately, that sometimes hurts us early adopters.
    Good thing you waited to convert to carburetion until after the bugs were worked out.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  10. #80
    Senior Member tgraham's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Music City

    Posts:    163

    My VIN:    A couple

    ...Unfortunately, that sometimes hurts us early adopters. (My car, for example, had Stage I put on in 2004 (I think -- would have to go back and find the receipt) when it was only exhaust, and it is not stainless steel.) However, it's a boon to those who wait for a little while to upgrade their cars.
    I might be wrong, but I believe that the price of the Stage 1 exhaust has increased as it has evolved, as well. No doubt related to an increased materials cost.

    Travis
    Managing Director
    Noroads Enterprises
    https://www.noroads.com/delorean

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •