Ah... so you've only seen it in a book.
Ah... so you've only seen it in a book.
Martin Gutkowski
-------------
Very part time DeLoreaner...
Posts: 1,068
Is there some reason I should doubt Volvo's own words?
Bill Robertson
#5939
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,819
My VIN: 10757 1st place Concourse 1998
The fact that there are still c-----s being made for the after market is no good reason to install one on a car that didn't have one in the first place. For that matter you can still find buggy whips and vacuum tubes. I don't see a whole big market (or much of a future) for them either. If you want to improve the reliability, and drivability of the Delorean the answer is not to go backwards technologically but forwards and that means EFI. The only way it makes sense is to go down a path that was created by others. It will save time and money. Other than that the best option is to try to keep the original K-Jet system functional. Probably cheaper and faster in the long run, just not as adjustable if you want to customize it. I don't see too many people saying they like the old bias ply tires back as opposed to the newer radial tires either. Most of the time improvements are created and make the previous technology obsolete. C-----s (and bias ply tires) are among them. Arguing over it and saying it makes access easier is no good argument to convert to c--bs. If access is so important converting to EFI solves that too.
David Teitelbaum
And proudly so! Although I am feeling a little less special now that I may not be the only DeLorean in the States running with that manifold! Its a good unit, only issue I have with it is that the throttle body is a little undersized for a 200+hp naturally aspirated engine (its either 52 or 54mm, dont remember) Any larger ones available that fit the tri-bolt pattern? Ideally would like 62-65mm.
Jim Reeve
DMC6960
Hi Jim,
That's the standard throttle on all Renault EFI PRVs. The only "larger" one(s) I know of are the twin throttles in the 24v engine. I did hear a whisper that the Volvo B280E engine had a larger throttle but I don't have any of them.
On our monster 3 litre turbo engine, we've fitted one of these:
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/large-s...y-70mm-sfg70-0
You might like to go through all the throttles Jenvey sell. You can buy them with self-contained rising rate mechanisms - all you need to do is make up some adapter plates (or just drill and tap a few new holes) and hook up the cable.
Martin Gutkowski
-------------
Very part time DeLoreaner...
Andrea - #01748 3.0lt Twin Turbo EFI, custom brakes, suspensions, manual trans - black interior -
PRV's lover. Club Italiano Delorean www.dmc12.it
Location: Houston
Posts: 709
My VIN: 16113
Club(s): (SCDC) (DCUK)
Posts: 1