FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #531
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I have one for my front dome light and YES it is a huge improvement. It isn't flakey, it is built solid, and it works every time. I love it.
    Well, now you can have one for the rear, as well (unless you still want me to do your rear parcel shelf lights like I did mine).

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #532
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Well, now you can have one for the rear, as well (unless you still want me to do your rear parcel shelf lights like I did mine).

    Farrar
    I thought your rear shelf mod was designed to supplement the existing light.

  3. #533
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I thought your rear shelf mod was designed to supplement the existing light.
    No, I replaced it with the same LED strips I use elsewhere on the rear trim strip, except since the opening is bigger I used three LED strips instead of just one. However, I did this because I still had the original light fixture which was cracking and foggy with age; the lights can be done the way you suggest. I might even figure out a way to make the whole light string come on when you tilt the light... that would be pretty hip, now that I think of it. Let me see if I can figure this out on my car before we go messing about with yours. ;-)

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  4. #534
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I might even figure out a way to make the whole light string come on when you tilt the light... that would be pretty hip, now that I think of it. Let me see if I can figure this out on my car before we go messing about with yours. ;-)r
    Thats how I thought yours currently is. I'd like to still have a way to flip the rear lights on and off when I am driving.

  5. #535
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I just thought of something.

    - rough-running engine
    - courtesy/door lights won't turn off even with switches disconnected
    - hot fuse block

    Could ALL of these symptoms be from the same thing? What if I have lost a ganged ground somewhere?

    I bought a floor jack not long ago to replace the one that was lost to a neighbor's five-finger discount plan. I think it's time for me to get up under the car and check those black wires!

    Farrar

    So... does my theory of a lost ground seem valid to anyone?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #536
    Senior Member AdmiralSenn's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    443

    Of course. On these cars it's ALWAYS valid. I think we're all just waiting to see what you find.



    (note that I'm not being mean - Christine is evil enough that my own troubles are similar in their duration and absurdity. I just choose to be entertained by them.)
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

  7. #537
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    So... does my theory of a lost ground seem valid to anyone?
    The bulbs for the doors are always powered 12v and are grounded to turn them on. Since you can't turn them off, the problem with them is that they 'found' ground rather than lost it...

    What happens when you pull the delay module?

  8. #538
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Adam: Yay, I still have a few readers. Thanks! I like the fact that your car is Christine. My car is Sparky and sure enough, with most problems being electrical it seems appropriate...

    Ron: Good point. For a second I forgot that they switch ground. (I don't know how I could forget this with the wiring diagram on my computer. Duh.) I will pull the module this weekend and see what happens.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  9. #539
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Any luck with the relay work? Its gonna suck not seeing you tomorrow.

  10. #540
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Its gonna suck not seeing you tomorrow.
    You're not going???...I must of missed that (Sucky Mods?).
    I was hoping you would hold Farrar's hand (literally) and pull a few plug wires to brave him up.

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •