FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #531
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    For great justice, no doubt....But, but...K-Jet have no base, only carbs!
    Farrar posted the wrong video. Don't trust him. Its this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

  2. #532
    "Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Hill Country, TX

    Posts:    1,579

    My VIN:    Formerly 2329

    Wow, imagine if I had actually said or inferred anything derogatory rather than simply asking a question and taking the high road by clearly stating my desire not to offend, flame or be antagonistic.

    The fuel pump issue is buried here in this thread rather than in a dedicated one. I humbly apologize for being a successful EFI guy lurking in a carburetor thread.

    It's a shame that the pursuit of answers and solutions gets derailed by one's choice of technology. Almost parallels religion and the pursuit of solving common American problems, doesn't it? I respectfully retract that last statement in case it violates the "no religion" rule for the posts.

    If I can help someone I will. K-Jet, carb or EFI alike. Can everyone claim the same?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    If I can help someone I will. K-Jet, carb or EFI alike. Can everyone claim the same?
    All your base are belong to us.

  4. #534
    "Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Hill Country, TX

    Posts:    1,579

    My VIN:    Formerly 2329

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    All your base are belong to us.
    Sorry, the Queen's English seems to be letting me down with respect to understanding what the heck you just said.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Sorry, the Queen's English seems to be letting me down with respect to understanding what the heck you just said.
    Please see post #531.

    Btw, I'd help anyone. I've got no harsh feelings. I just replied to a question, said what I know, and asked a question.

  6. #536
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    If I can help someone I will. K-Jet, carb or EFI alike. Can everyone claim the same?
    I can say that, and this forum is full of examples of such. I may not be as helpful as I like, but I certainly try to help others, regardless of their situation.

    FWIW, my reply about fuel pump failures was unfortunately bumped by Steve's post starting Page 53. It was not biased toward or against any particular fuel delivery system.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    This might excite some K-Jet people but has anyone considered that I might have had electrical/ground issues going to my fuel pump BEFORE I decided to switch to a carburetor?

    For all I know my CIS fuel pump was having the same problems. The car did occasionally stall before I installed my carburetor. The records for my car indicated the fuel pump had been replaced a couple of years before I purchased my car. Hmmm.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Then I suppose I should expect some cheerwine and very personable and easy to talk to "in person" person on Saturday. Sadly this will be immediately followed by you returning to a bipolar internets facade of which the folks that met you in person just don't understand. This all assumes bill is still coursing through your being
    Probably so. Speaking of Cheerwine, is there any available in your area or on my route?

  8. #538
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    This might excite some K-Jet people.
    128790604671376173.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Probably so. Speaking of Cheerwine, is there any available in your area or on my route?


    There is some in the area, just not like in NC
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  9. #539
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    If I can help someone I will. K-Jet, carb or EFI alike. Can everyone claim the same?
    I do!

  10. #540
    Not a DeLorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Rochester, NY

    Posts:    2,405

    My VIN:    01049

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I do!
    Me too; provided it is something I'm experienced with enough to provide knowledgeable help.

Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •