FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    I even helped a guy the other day that converted his car to a time machine replica. I'll admit the time machine stuff isn't my cup of tea but I'll do anything to help out a fellow Delorean owner. I love these crappy little cars.

    Deloreans are a lot like a hot woman that does nothing but fuss at you all the time. It sucks getting fussed at but for some reason we are willing to put up with it.

  2. #542
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Farrar posted the wrong video. Don't trust him. Its this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano
    THANK YOU for this post!

    Given the post times and reference in my response (below), I get to keep my internets card!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    For great justice, no doubt

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    For what its worth on another thread I found out that EFI fuel pumps need reliable ground connections to work as well. This gets a load off my mind.

    For a while I thought low pressure fuel pumps were the only ones that needed reliable ground connections to operate.

  4. #544
    Not a DeLorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Rochester, NY

    Posts:    2,405

    My VIN:    01049

    *hugs Steve tightly*

  5. #545
    Rick/AKA.. DA BEARD congerz83's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Congers NY

    Posts:    188

    My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    For what it's worth I went ahead and wired a ground connection directly to the fuel pump from my battery.

    Let's see if I survive the 10 hour drive to Sean's house without any fuel related failures.


    A guy named Lou called me the other day from NY. I suspect he is the same guy. Anyway, Lou told me he is waiting for Bill to test and ship the manifold and carb.

    Once again I ask the same question. How many people have successfully performed homebrew efi conversions and documented it on this forum?

    Bill has documented nearly every one of his conversions on this and the old forum.
    No my name is Rick, and Bill assisted me with my conversion in april. I haven't put 250 miles on the car since the conversion. The since the pump has failed twice on me already, I'm going to buy another. I'm also hoping the pump is the reason this thing runs like crap.
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    No my name is Rick, and Bill assisted me with my conversion in april. I haven't put 250 miles on the car since the conversion. The since the pump has failed twice on me already, I'm going to buy another. I'm also hoping the pump is the reason this thing runs like crap.
    Have you checked voltage?

  7. #547
    Rick/AKA.. DA BEARD congerz83's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Congers NY

    Posts:    188

    My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Have you checked voltage?
    To be honest, I have not. But low voltage would not cause sudded pump failure and function. It may indeed be a loose ground somewhere. I'll have to check the next non-windy day. I thought Bill and I had made sure the grounds were good... Oh well... the utter joys of owning a Carbureted-Delorean.
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

  8. #548
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Hmmm. I'm amused.

    Somehow the carbs vs K-Jet debate has segwayed into "Carb conversions vs EFI conversions".

    The thing that kills K-Jet is fuel contamination. If people are converting to carbs because their K-Jet is being a problem, do any of them check the state of the tank? It might explain this rash of pump failures... I reserve the right to snigger if this is the case, after all those hours of arguing that K-Jet is only unreliable when it comes to fuel contamination...

    There are several EFI D's in Europe too.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  9. #549
    Rick/AKA.. DA BEARD congerz83's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Congers NY

    Posts:    188

    My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Hmmm. I'm amused.

    Somehow the carbs vs K-Jet debate has segwayed into "Carb conversions vs EFI conversions".

    The thing that kills K-Jet is fuel contamination. If people are converting to carbs because their K-Jet is being a problem, do any of them check the state of the tank? It might explain this rash of pump failures... I reserve the right to snigger if this is the case, after all those hours of arguing that K-Jet is only unreliable when it comes to fuel contamination...

    There are several EFI D's in Europe too.
    I had to clean my tank a couple months before the conversion. What a holy nightmare. I wish my pump problems would be that easy to diagnose. Alas, it may wind up being some loose wire, or it's groundin out, or it's a poor ground. The possibilities are limitless.

    The odd part about the "failure" is it only occurs when I drive quickly down hill. After I give up cranking, and give it five minutes it's starts up without a hitch. These are also VERY short trips. So I'm not sure an overheated pump would apply. Like I said... who knows!
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

  10. #550
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    If people are converting to carbs because their K-Jet is being a problem, do any of them check the state of the tank?
    Yes.

    Next.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •