FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #551
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Here are photos of my new lights. Note the clear center on the lens and also the lens is sunken below the black frame. Those may be good things or not but I will put these in and run them a while just to see.
    Attached Images
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  2. #552
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Here are photos of my new lights. Note the clear center on the lens and also the lens is sunken below the black frame.
    Is that a plastic frame? Mine are metal, not that it matters electrically.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  3. #553
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Is that a plastic frame? Mine are metal, not that it matters electrically.

    Farrar
    Black plastic just like originals.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  4. #554
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Didn't get home until after 8pm, so not enough light to work with. If I'm not too wiped out from work tomorrow (so far I've put in 44 hours since 8am Monday) I will try to install it and get some pictures -- however, it's the exact same width and breadth as the old unit so if it's not too tall it should be a perfect fit.

    If I can get power to the circuit, I should be able to see if it throws enough light, as well.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #555
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    New dome light fixture fits like a glove -- you can hear the tabs snap into place. It's quite secure.

    I was able to get Bill's LED combo into it, but without power to the circuit I cannot verify that it will work in both forward-facing and rear-facing positions.

    SANY0964.jpg

    SANY0965.jpg

    SANY0969.jpg

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #556
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,603

    My VIN:    03572

    They look good. Where did you get them? Think I will get a pair.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  7. #557
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    They look good. Where did you get them? Think I will get a pair.
    I got them from Euro Port Parts. Use their drill-down to select a 1978 Porsche 911 and select the interior light, part # POR023201.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  8. #558
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Looks sharp.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  9. #559
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Thanks, Sean.

    Quick update: I forgot to mention earlier that I removed the diodes from the courtesy light circuit just in case one had failed and was causing the lights not to come on. No joy.

    Since it's getting dark, I will troubleshoot the courtesy light circuit tomorrow. Now that I am inside for the night, I am going to be cutting sheets of cork into gaskets -- I am going to put a spacer under the carburetor when I re-install it tomorrow; this should make it easier for me to adjust the idle air screws with my big hammy hands.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  10. #560
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    ..this should make it easier for me to adjust the idle air screws with my big hammy hands.

    Farrar
    Most auto parts have something similar to these pretty cheap. Flexible and with the right end, you can easily use it with one hand.

    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/27...showimage.html

Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •