FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #601
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I will try to make such a video. The weather this week should be perfect, and since I have the carb off the intake manifold it would be a good time to do so. However, I have no camera operator and my tripod's capabilities are somewhat limited. Still, I will try.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #602
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Recheck timing and vacuum hook ups.
    Changing either of these requires starting all over! (Except reconnecting vacuum advance line if required to be removed.)

  3. #603
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Changing either of these requires starting all over! (Except reconnecting vacuum advance line if required to be removed.)
    I think in this case they are saying that you need to double-check and make sure nothing has been accidentally moved while you were fiddling around elsewhere.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  4. #604
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    I'll see if I can beat Farrar to it and make my own "how to" video tonight. This will depend on when I get home and whether or not my retired neighbor is outside when I get home. I don't feel like screwing with my carburetor and listening to his expert advice.

    I didnt watch this entire video but it seems to have good information on how to rebuild a 2100 carburetor. If you watch a few videos like this you will have a better understanding on how the thing works.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4astN2GjXUY

    Another good video but without sound

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x0clnN22-oQ

  5. #605
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I think in this case they are saying that you need to double-check and make sure nothing has been accidentally moved while you were fiddling around elsewhere.

    Farrar
    Ah, OK!
    (But I don't know how one would manage changing the timing by fiddling with the carb...;-)

  6. #606
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    This is the document I used when I rebuilt my carb. Read it. It has a lot of good information in it. I found it to be more detailed than the youtube videos.

    http://www.therangerstation.com/tech..._2150_carb.pdf

    For what its worth, I once had cold idle problems and it was due to me screwing with the choke. These instructions taught me how to properly adjust the choke.

  7. #607
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Looks VERY well written!
    Now if there were such a thing as Delorean float and jet specs...

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Looks VERY well written!
    Now if there were such a thing as Delorean float and jet specs...
    I believe I am running size 48 jets and I followed the float instructions in the PDF document I posted. Float instructions are silly anyway. Just set the float to a reasonably level and the shut off valve will do its job.

  9. #609
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    (But I don't know how one would manage changing the timing by fiddling with the carb...;-)
    Simple: you forgot to tighten the nut all the way and bumped the distributor with your elbow!

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  10. #610
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Simple: you forgot to tighten the nut all the way and bumped the distributor with your elbow!

    Farrar
    lol
    No that would be fiddleing with the distributor, Bill, I mean Farrar.

Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •