FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #101
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Well, I figured that I have to put this thing back together to mail it in anyways so I double checked everything. One thing I forgot to do until now is remove the little filters and clean them. That wouldn't really cause the issue that I am seeing but why not. This time I swapped around the shims and springs. No measuring or anything. I dropped two shims in each port but no regards as to how they measure. I did this just as a test to see if anything changes.

    I am going to test it tomorrow. I'll share whether anything changed or not. 20211209_175432.jpg20211209_181345.jpg20211209_193331.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Installed the distributor back on the car.
    Decided to put on all the new banjo bolts and sealing washers.
    Hey!!! Whadda ya know!! It doesn't leak by on #1 & #3 anymore!!!
    Time to see if this baby will start!20211211_111313.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  3. #103
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Wild guessing you put it back together dry??

  4. #104
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Wild guessing you put it back together dry??
    Yeah mean dry as in no sealant?
    I used the Hylomar type stuff.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Worked on the car today with the wife. Managed to get it to start and run. The wife was pretty excited. I didn't dare to let it run too long since I don't know if the coolant system is actually working or not.
    The important thing we know that it runs and we got it warm for a accurate compression test. 20211211_111313.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  6. #106
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Pressures look great. They are actually closer than they look. Some of the pictures were not taken exactly head on. 20211211_150605.jpg20211211_150727.jpg20211211_150837.jpg20211211_151020.jpg20211211_151136.jpg20211211_151254.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    That is really good compression.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  8. #108
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Noticed this today. Looks like something hot was up against the wires and melted the insulation. 20211211_152343.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 12-11-2021 at 09:40 PM.

  9. #109
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Pulled off everything that was bolted to the donor frame. 20211211_160418.jpg20211211_174744.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Used some primitive methods to see if the frame was twisted or just damaged in isolated areas
    Took measurements and compared to frame measurements I found on line. Seems like the frame isn't too messed up.

    20211211_181557.jpg20211211_181723.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 12-11-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •