FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-
11-25-2025 05:36 AM
#1581
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
JETS 81 DMC
I got a huge laugh from
"CAH" 
I get it.
Was TYME4
US available to represent you and Tam working on it? Just a thought.
Lots of other good choices.
Thanks for all of your time you take for updates and pictures. I have learned quite a lot from them.
I look forward every day to them.

2:
Oh I like that. 
I have actually been trying to find something like that.
I tried a few but they were either too long or were taken already. Like QLTYTYM example.
Yeah obviously "Cah" is a reference to how we pronounce car in Maine. Especially if you are from northern Maine like Tam and I are.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
11-25-2025 06:37 AM
#1582
I get it. This is a create the license session. Just for fun, here are some quick ones:
GDASNEW
TIMEFIT
SSRIDER
JDRULES
FLUXYOU
WDNNRDS
GULWING
KJETPWR
MYLIFE
4KHOURS
BDSWTRS
NOFCAP
BTTFNOW
TAMTOME
FOTAM
-
11-25-2025 12:17 PM
#1583
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
DMC-Ron
I get it. This is a create the license session. Just for fun, here are some quick ones:
GDASNEW
TIMEFIT
SSRIDER
JDRULES
FLUXYOU
WDNNRDS
GULWING
KJETPWR
MYLIFE
4KHOURS
BDSWTRS
NOFCAP
BTTFNOW
TAMTOME
FOTAM
Wow its going to take a while for me to decipher some of those haha!
You may have done all of that for nothing. I'm thinking of going a whole different route. In the state of Maine if you register a vehicle as an antique there's a clause in the rules that states you are allowed to run a "Period correct" license plate.
This has several advantages over a new vanity plate.
1. Conspicuousness of the car. Nowadays if people see a cool car they take pictures and plaster it all over the internet. Someone that knows the car and the plate says "Oh that's such and such who lives ___."
2. Cheaper registration. We aren't talking huge money here but it is less than a vanity plate every year.
3. Coolness factor. It should look pretty cool having an 80s license plate on an 80s car.
4. For big brother proofing. Not really a big factor for a couple in their 50s but I do like the idea of having the plate that is seen on the car not easily being traceable.
Here's an example from the internet-

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Last edited by SupercoolBill; 11-25-2025 at 12:39 PM.
-
11-26-2025 02:21 PM
#1584
Senior Member
The new left front fender showed up while I was gone. I saw the new fender and the first replacement fender was still at the shop also. I dashed out to the office and told Tam that the other fender was supposed to go back to DMCH. She was on the phone but said to me "I know, I am working on it."
I am not not sure if the delivery driver refused to take the other fender or what. I guess Tam is on it so I am not going to worry about it.

Update...my Ring camera just went off. I see Tam carrying the fender out of the shop so I am assuming a shipping truck picked it up.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Last edited by SupercoolBill; 11-26-2025 at 02:44 PM.
-
11-26-2025 02:35 PM
#1585
Senior Member
-
11-26-2025 06:47 PM
#1586
Senior Member
1. Conspicuousness of the car. Nowadays if people see a cool car they take pictures and plaster it all over the internet. Someone that knows the car and the plate says "Oh that's such and such who lives ___."
2. Cheaper registration. We aren't talking huge money here but it is less than a vanity plate every year.
3. Coolness factor. It should look pretty cool having an 80s license plate on an 80s car.
4. For big brother proofing. Not really a big factor for a couple in their 50s but I do like the idea of having the plate that is seen on the car not easily being traceable.
As you start driving this car you will find that people are going to eventually know who you are and where you live and work. The plate won't matter. I would get what you want on it and not worry about it. Nearly everywhere you stop people will ask about it. Ive had multiple people follow me into my neighborhood and stop to ask if they can take a pictures, and at that point they are in front of my house. Same thing happens at work. I'm sure most people here have the same experiences.
the first car I bid on over 4 years ago(not the one I own) I talked with the owner during auction. He said "Be prepared for the attention, the car is a celebrity and you're not" or something along those lines.
In that state are you able to get vintage plates that are personalized?
-
11-27-2025 06:05 AM
#1587
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
glockworks21
1. Conspicuousness of the car. Nowadays if people see a cool car they take pictures and plaster it all over the internet. Someone that knows the car and the plate says "Oh that's such and such who lives ___."
2. Cheaper registration. We aren't talking huge money here but it is less than a vanity plate every year.
3. Coolness factor. It should look pretty cool having an 80s license plate on an 80s car.
4. For big brother proofing. Not really a big factor for a couple in their 50s but I do like the idea of having the plate that is seen on the car not easily being traceable.
As you start driving this car you will find that people are going to eventually know who you are and where you live and work. The plate won't matter. I would get what you want on it and not worry about it. Nearly everywhere you stop people will ask about it. Ive had multiple people follow me into my neighborhood and stop to ask if they can take a pictures, and at that point they are in front of my house. Same thing happens at work. I'm sure most people here have the same experiences.
the first car I bid on over 4 years ago(not the one I own) I talked with the owner during auction. He said "Be prepared for the attention, the car is a celebrity and you're not" or something along those lines.
In that state are you able to get vintage plates that are personalized?
Yes you can get personalized vintage license plates. You have to pick something nobody else has, you have to pay extra to have the plates made, and you have to pay a bit extra each year.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
11-27-2025 09:19 AM
#1588
DMC
I got one of the new acetal plate bezels from DGo and its great. Almost got the aluminum one and powder coated it but wanted to see how the acetal looked.
led plate lamp (2).jpgled plate lamp (1).jpg
~LXA~
Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry
-
11-29-2025 04:24 PM
#1589
Senior Member
-
11-29-2025 04:32 PM
#1590
Senior Member
We played around with adjusting the fender, adding shims, removing shims, pulling it while trying to tighten down bolts etc. I feel like the fender is still not a perfect fit but maybe it's just something with our car.
I need to try to get the bottom of the driver's door to pull in further. I loosened the front pin and moved it inward tried the door, moved the pin further in, etc. Did this four times and the door still seemed to not be pulling in on the bottom. I will have to mess around with this some more in the future. Not sure if I need to make a more extreme adjustment to the pin or maybe the door latch mechanism isn't working correctly.

If I push in on the bottom front of the door it lines up perfectly.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules