Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,819
My VIN: 10757 1st place Concourse 1998
RTV
Return To Vendor
Room Temperature Vulcanizing
Take your pick
David Teitelbaum
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)
I have never had a problem tightening my alternator. Its just one heck of an inconvenience because I use a floor jack to lift the alternator when tightening the belt. The only reason I would buy the fancy bracket is to be lazy and not have to take the heavy jack out of the trunk. But honestly, how often do I have to tension my alternator belt?
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)
Total expenses to date: $211.4616
Expense #1 (Radiator Leak) - January 7, 2012 - 44,079 Miles - Total Cost: $117.83 (including tax)
Expense #2 (Radiator Leak) - January 15, 2012 - 44,386 Miles - Total Cost: $7.40 (including tax)
Expense #3 (Replaced windshield wipers) - January 15, 2012 - 44,386 Miles - Total Cost: $17.54 (including tax)
Expense #4 (Oil Change) - January 21, 2012 - 44,643 Miles - Total Cost: $24.4616 (including tax)
Expense #4 (Reinstalled steering column bushing) - January 22, 2012 - 44,693 - Total Cost: $1.35 (including tax)
Expense #5 (bought coolant and water) - February 20, 2012 - 45,000 - Total Cost: $11.88
Expense #6 (replaced rear interior light) - February 23, 2012 - 45,500 - Total Cost: $31
Thanks to Farrar I spent another $31 on something I didn't really need. A while back he ordered us some fancy Porche dome lights and last night I got around to installing mine while at his apartment. It set me back a whopping $31. I didn't need it since my old one worked, but it was falling apart so I decided to replace it anyway.
I'm almost half way to my yearly budget and February isn't even over yet!![]()
Last edited by stevedmc; 02-24-2012 at 10:52 AM.