FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #871
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Go for the carpet, man. It's a great deal. I bet black would look really sharp in there too.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  2. #872
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Anyone know how to say "Get the fuck off of my car, you bastards" in Spanish?
    i should, since i live in "Little Mexico" (i.e., South O)... we're a minority in our neighborhood.

    from Wikipedia:
    The largest concentration of Mexicans and Mexican Americans in Omaha lived near the packing houses and Union Stockyards of South Omaha.

    Today the majority of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans live in South Omaha, also called the Southhood or South O. A strong Mexican-American presence thrives there, with numerous public murals and exhibitions of Mexican culture throughout the community. Along with a variety of businesses, churches and community organizations, the area features El Museo Latino. [...] In 1998, the community was estimated to have 20,000 Latino families.
    im sure everyone cares.
    Last edited by dvonk; 04-20-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  3. #873
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    They must be cheap. Anyone know how to say "Get the fuck off of my car, you bastards" in Spanish?
    You need a hat.

    A Magic Hat

    A Magic Green Hat

    Just leave it sitting on your passenger seat. Problem solved.



    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  4. #874
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Forget Border Patrol. I need a hat with "INS" on it.

    None of the local parts houses have front or rear brake pads in stock. Sadness.

    Edit: holy crap, you can actually buy those hats!
    Last edited by Farrar; 04-20-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #875
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    None of the local parts houses have front or rear brake pads in stock. Sadness.
    I almost forgot what the old guy at Autozone told me a year ago when I asked for brake pads for a 77 Mercuri Capri. He basically told me he didn't have any in stock and that I should get rid of the old Capri since its getting harder to get parts for cars that old. I just kept my mouth shut and left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    OK, thanks! I will go to O'Reilly tomorrow, and I will get the pads, gear oil -- and brake fluid:
    Don't forget you will need DOT4 brake fluid.

  6. #876
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Success! O'Reilly is overnighting my brake pads (front: 1974 Mercury Capri, rear: 1993 Jaguar XJS Base) from their hub to my local store, and I will pick them up first thing tomorrow morning, along with a good amount of DOT 4.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #877
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Success! O'Reilly is overnighting my brake pads (front: 1974 Mercury Capri, rear: 1993 Jaguar XJS Base) from their hub to my local store, and I will pick them up first thing tomorrow morning, along with a good amount of DOT 4.
    Btw, don't sue me if something goes wrong. Remember I don't have a brain.

  8. #878
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Btw, don't sue me if something goes wrong. Remember I don't have a brain.
    I will be doing all of the work, remember? You can just sip Cheerwine and supervise.

    Well, "Brake Pad and Final Drive Oil Seal Day" has been postponed thanks to an incredible amount of rain which has just been dumped on the region in just the past 45 minutes. (And it's still raining.) Nonetheless, I went out and bought front and rear brake pads, brake fluid, gear oil, seal puller, drain plug socket set, and battery trickle charger.

    At this point I have all of the tools necessary to change that transmission oil seal myself -- except for the seal installation tool, which I can rent from the auto parts store. Prior to today I was planning on using Steve's seal puller and drain plug socket, but those tools weren't that expensive.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  9. #879
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    4,042

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Farrar ,

    Did those pads come with anti-squeal shims? I just put on a fresh set of Ceramic pads (so called low dust) I bought from Hervey 4 years ago. After about a day of driving (break-in) they squeal like pig now. The pads appeared to have an anti-squeal backing bonded on them. I guess I'm going to have try and resurface the disc and put anti-squeal compound on them. Since I already had the car up on jack stands for New tires, it took all of 3 minutes per corner. Be sure to push the pistons back with the old pads in place then remove them. I found that a 90° nail puller works well for this. I used a screwdriver styled pry-bar facing inboard on the inside pad and the short end of the 90° nail bar on the outer pad. All I did was catch the pad backplate (with pins in place) then leveraged the bars against each other creating an outward (push back) movement. Once there was enough space between the disc and pad I slid the nail bar between them leveraged them the rest of the way back. Eventually, I am going to do a caliper rebuild, but I'm not ready for that yet. Btw. It is recommended that when you push the pistons back, you open the bleeder and drain the Old fluid out rather than push back up the system then Do fresh fluid bleed.
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, EPS​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

  10. #880
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    A c clamp works good too for pushing the pistons back in. I have two in my tool bag.

Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •