FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #941
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I keep a tool for testing spark in my car at all times.
    A screwdriver and a set of non-conductive gloves? ;-)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #942
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    A used spark plug?

  3. #943
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)


  4. #944
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    A used spark plug?
    +1
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  5. #945
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Steve came over last night and we swapped intake manifold/carburetor assemblies. Although my engine didn't idle perfectly, it idled a hell of a lot better on his carb/manifold than on mine, so we decided to rebuild the carburetor. (I only did a half-job of it last time.) While we had the thing apart, he noticed that I was running #50 jets in my carburetor. This could result in a rich running condition, so he installed a set of #48s that he had on hand.

    The super-thick gasket that Bill had mounted the carburetor on top of in almost four years ago was toast as soon as we pulled the carburetor up, but that gasket did not come with the rebuilt kit. I decided to use the spacer I had bought off of eBay last year in place of the thick gaskets, and just use ordinary paper gaskets on either side of it.

    Unfortunately, the spacer is thicker than the thicker than the mounting gasket. So I will take out one of the studs from the intake manifold and take it to the hardware store tomorrow to find longer replacement studs. Knowing that Bill gets most of his hardware from McMaster, I am tempted to think that it's a metric part, since the nylon hex nuts have a 13mm diameter -- but strangely, McMaster doesn't sell stainless nylocks in metric, so I will rely on the good folks at Ace to determine the size and thread pitch of the stud, so that I can buy appropriate replacements.

    To be continued...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #946
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Steve came over last night and we swapped intake manifold/carburetor assemblies. Although my engine didn't idle perfectly, it idled a hell of a lot better on his carb/manifold than on mine, so we decided to rebuild the carburetor. (I only did a half-job of it last time.) While we had the thing apart, he noticed that I was running #50 jets in my carburetor. This could result in a rich running condition, so he installed a set of #48s that he had on hand.
    Yeah. What he said. I'm not even a carburetor guru according to this forum btw.

  7. #947
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Yeah. What he said. I'm not even a carburetor guru according to this forum btw.
    Poor Steve. It's a good thing you have DMCsouth then.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  8. #948
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm not even a carburetor guru
    Neither am I, according to Bill.

    I don't like the term "guru" anyway -- I have visions of someone approaching a Tibetan monk at the top of a mountain to ask what size jets he needs in order to keep his engine from bogging down at idle. Not very "zen," is it?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  9. #949
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Poor Steve. It's a good thing you have DMCsouth then.
    DMCSouth sucks. At least on here there are people for me to tick off.


    On another note, Farrar forgot to mention the hot blonde we saw last night. I think she was genuinly interested in me.

  10. #950
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post

    On another note, Farrar forgot to mention the hot blonde we saw last night. I think she was genuinly interested in me.
    Coffee doesn't count

    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •